Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Has anyone installed an aftermarket shift handle in their ATX? Any pics?

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I did. But no pics no digital camera. I replaced the stock unit with a manual transmission shifter nob. I fixed the problem with the detent button by putting a small screw in the side of the shifter stick that houses the plastic rod that pushes down to unlock the shifter. Then I got a white APC shifter boot and cut out all of the Park, Reverse, Drive indicator and made the boot mount to the plastic. It looks awesome(like a mtx)But if your not that mechanical checker auto,pep boys, etc..has an after market shift nob that takes the place of your original. The overdrive wires were taken car of by getting a switch and drilling a hole in the plastic where the switch would go and using it as the overdrive switch. Sorry for the long post but you asked and I thought that it would help somewhat to tell how I did mine.

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Levloc had a nice one that has the O/D on-off button like the stock shifter. You can kind of see mine in my sig. Not a good pic to see the handle, though.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
Levloc had a nice one that has the O/D on-off button like the stock shifter. You can kind of see mine in my sig. Not a good pic to see the handle, though.

I saw that picture (yours with the shift lever) earlier tonight through a different post... it was actually what sparked my thoughts for this post....
I have seen some nice looking B&M shifters for automatics and wondered if anyone has used them in a Contique.

Will basically any aftermarket automatic shift lever work?

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
That Levloc (sp?) one looks exactly like the ones in the Kia Optimas... belongs in our cars more than it does some Korean monstrosity...

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
In reply to:

Will basically any aftermarket automatic shift lever work?

Almost any shift lever will work. I got the Levloc because it has the O/D button. Most dont, and you have to do something with the button, like move it somewhere on the dash or the console.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Yeah, I was planning on mounting it somewhere... I have a spare green OD switch which I rescued from my original shift handle. Thanks for the tip, I might get one like yours... now to find the best place to purchase it...

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Almost any lever will work, but not almost any shifter... the B&M's are full shifter assemblys, and to my knowledge, not any model will work... maybe the ATX is different tho...

Diesel owns you
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
here is the original post about the Levloc shifters.
A group buy is the only way to get one for a decent price. The regular price is $110.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
This link has them for $80
Even though it says 'for Nissan', it appears to be the same product.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/southwestautoworks2002-store/autshifknob.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard