Print Thread
B
Bullet Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The chrome strip along the top of my bumper is starting to
peel and it doesn't look very good. What should I do with this? Paint it? If so, should I go with silver, body colour (t-red), or some other colour? Can I get this part new from Ford? I would appreciate any and all opinions or pics whick shows this done (the painting part).

1996 MM Zetec, ATX 192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I have a spot on mine that is pealing but becasue I have a bra on the car I don't see it. don't know how you feel about them but against champagne and red I think it looks really good

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I have a picture of a pre-98 red Mystiwue with a painted chrome strip that I found on AutoTrader if anyone would host it. I've been thinking of doing this myself, because I think this Mystique looks awesome, but the color is too pink for my style.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I think I'd avoid silver...it would look like chrome wannabe, especially next to the grille.

You could check out www.fordpartsonline.com and see if it's a separate part. You might consider
painting it T-Red along with the grille bars (I'd leave the chrome around the grille and the center
emblem). Or a satin black.

The Mystique doesn't have much chrome anyway.

- Jim Our yardbirds: Belvedere, our '96 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0L ATX, 85,000 and going strong Spencer, our '03 Chrysler PT Crusier, 2.4L ATX, 28,000 and just getting started
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by midcoastme:
The Mystique doesn't have much chrome anyway.

Thank God!

B
Bullet Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Thanks for the replys. Keep them coming, and also some pics if you can post them, or links to some.

1996 MM Zetec, ATX 192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I think either the body color or black would look best....

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I painted mine white to contrast my teal (dont know fords technical name for the paint color)Body color and I painted the Grille white too. It looks pretty awesome I think. Some people don't like the contrasting colors though oh well. I at least like it.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard