Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
I was driving down the pkwy and downshifted from 5th to 4th at around 65mph not racing or nothing like that just driving normal when i realesade the clutch and it grabbed 4th gear it felt like the car had run over a bunch of rumble strips or like a bad shimmy from underneath the car, I took it out of 4th right away and left her in neutral as i coasted off the exit and came to a stop when i tried to put her back in gear i stepped on the clutch and the pedal had NO PRESSURE what so ever! and it locked me out of gear, i couldn't get her into any gear, I shut the car off and engage the stick in an out of every gear with no problem but when the car was started it won't go into any gear.

What the hell blew out? Thanks in advance for any info you have

F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Sounds to me like the clutch has passed away. What year and model car with how many miles on the clutch?

P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
It's a 99 SVT contour with 35,000 miles on it.
I am so pissed at my car right now i forgot to put the info

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
did you notice any fluid under the car. If so, the slave cylinder is a possibility.

-neal

99 SVT ~ Silver Frost ~ #2621 mods? a few...
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by skid123:
did you notice any fluid under the car. If so, the slave cylinder is a possibility.

-neal

No there was no fluid leaking at all, I had plenty of brake fluid in the resevoir and nothing leaking.

H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
1st, check the fluid level is above the the pipe on the side of the brake resivoir 2nd, check your carpet is not wet with fluid (master cyl u/s)3rd, pull the cover back on the tranny where the pipe goes in, check the bearing is not seized and rubbed through the clutch cover.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Maybe the clutch fork isn't attached to the disc that disengages the clutch.......Beats me just a thought?? I don't know much about it as you can see

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition Blue Steel 99 Tropic Green SVT (Former Owner) #151 of 710 Born on 10/07/98 Have you driven a FRAUD lately?

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard