Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lento Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ok, time for a new topic laugh

Against my better judgement, I wasted time going to my nearest Super Trak looking for a Contour front turn signal/parking light bulb. I looked up the Wagner part # and alas nothing on the shelf. The Trak store manager told me they don't carry them. 8 out 10 times, I can never find anything at Trak. They just simply suck IMO.

As an alternative, I went to Fairfax Auto Parts, and they had the bulb...$2 for a 10 cent bulb. At least I have the bulb. I heard that Autozone has opened some stores in the area... any comparisons to Trak? Better, same, worse?

'99 Silver Frost Contour SVT
M
M
Dude, a new post in VA. Hey do you work across from Kilroy's

98 EO #587
Currently Dirt Jumping
R
R
AutoZone is pretty good. I know for a fact that there are AutoZone stores in Manassas and Warrenton (I've been to each location). The stores IMHO are much better than Trak.

I gave up on Trak/Super Trak/Super Trak Warehouse. Like Lento stated, you hardly ever find anything that you want (or need) there. For example, try purchasing some Bosch Platinum +4s at Trak. wink

Reggie Wallace
'98.5 SVT (E1) - Silver Frost
#5450 out of 6135, born-on date: 4/1/1998
...I wouldn't want to bore you with my mod list :-)
L
Lento Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Autozone has a decent website (online parts/inventory lookup) and they also have a location in Alexandria near E. Glebe Road in addition to the ones that Reg E pointed out.
www.autozone.com

So I headed over to the Alexandria location and I was impressed. Received more attention/help there and found ALOT more stuff than Trash Auto carries. I found stuff for the CSVT including windshield wipers, brake pads,Mobil 1 oil filters plus they have that jug'o valvoline DOT 4 synthetic brake fluid for $5. They even have the turn signal bulbs for $3/multipack.

Autozone is pretty good. It also beats Fairfax auto's prices. I wish they would open some more up and force out these Trash stores. I was sometimes having to run out to Speed Unreasonable (unlimited) in MD to look for stuff.

L
Lento Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Originally posted by 2112:
Dude, a new post in VA. Hey do you work across from Kilroy's

No, I work off Reston Pkwy and Sunset Drive.

T
T
Lento - do you work for Oracle? Thats right there on the corner of R. P. and S. H.... I work for Cable and Wireless in Plaza America, also have an office in the Sallie Mae building.

98 E0 Silver SVT
KKM - Bassani - MSDS - BAT - ES - Unorthodox - HID - Dyna-batt - Koni - Ground Control - 17" MAS Italy Rodger - Quaife - Fidanza

"Every easy girl I have been with has been either a hosebeast or a headcase" - Pete D
L
Lento Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Originally posted by thepakrat:
Lento - do you work for Oracle? Thats right there on the corner of R. P. and S. H.... I work for Cable and Wireless in Plaza America, also have an office in the Sallie Mae building.

I work @ MITRE just down from there.

J
J
Hi guys,
I found an "Old Line" auto parts place on the edge of Herndon.

Loudon Auto Parts at 703 471 1995 as a good collection of items. He is part of the Car Quest crew. Ralph has been in the business since the 50's cars were new. There is very little that has not passed over his counter.

What he dosen't carry, he can order in special at no extra charge.

Good luck and keep it warm

Jack Crow

99 LE Five Speed
50 Watts on VHF
35 Watts on UHF
150 Watts on 10m (soon)
MP3 Juke Box in development.
Alarm Reaction System "Large Revolver" on hip.
L
Lento Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Jack,

How's the Contour product availability (brake stuff, electrical parts, etc) at Carquest?

J
J
Hi there,
In a word or two "I don't know". I have a 99 and have yet to burn through a set of pads, or rotors.

I can say with assurance he supplys parts to a large number of area repair shops that do work on late model cars, and enjoys a good success rate with them. They are always on the phone, and the parts drivers are busy.

For a straight answer, give them a call. What they don't have, they can order in. Usually with no more than a 24 hour delay.

Be well and keep it safe
Jack Crow in Herndon.

99 LE Five Speed
50 Watts on VHF
35 Watts on UHF
150 Watts on 10m (soon)
MP3 Juke Box in development.
Alarm Reaction System "Large Revolver" on hip.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard