Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
OP Offline
B
I have to say from talking with Keith at Street flight he said from his many years of experience and calculations, The turbo pushing 300 hp to wheels with it hooking up solid will definitely hit lows 12's with proper shifting.

He also said that Kaiser quarter mile run was useless to judge because his car is no way going to hook up without LSD, clutch, and drag tires.

He also said when he got to strip Kaiser had already put the ice in right after a 30 minute drive in high 90's
This kept him from reaching the hp above 270 alone this was his first time to the track.

Basically I think ya'll are forgetting that these numbers will not at all represent the true potential of this car.

My friend has a Mr2 and is pushing the same numbers to the ground and is running 11's and weight is just shy of us. When I told him the numbers and the tourque curve he said there should be no reason in hell we shouldn't hit 12's with grip. And he has less torque (cobra vs SVT)

Everybodies ragging the turbo but into you ride in the car when the car hit 10psi you have to hold on to wheel and watch the tach shoot up and tell me it not worth it.

How do ya'll sit there and say this it not worth it? It will be the biggest sleeper there is and will out handle a cobra all day and carry four people comfortable.

If everyone added up the money you spend in trading in vehicles and buying new along with interest this car would still be a cheaper car with all the mods and da*n fast one at that.

Ya'll just wait till the 99 svt get out his shop with more hp than 2000 and with the proper setup everybody will want to get on the train. laugh

99 SVT #198
Blk/blue
Grizzly clutch
Phantom Grips
K&N open
Resonator removed
BAT 22mm
15.4 @89mph
D
D
I am all for the contour busting out some good numbers at the track but until the internal gears within the tranny and the motor mount issues are addressed I think that it may have problems. Whatever happen to david Z's setup?

Dustyn
Red 1998 SVT E1
95 Mustang GT
Yeah there both slow
New ram clutch for sale
Sho shop pullies and belt for sale 30 bucks
K
K
Yeah I know I'm a super jackass for getting excited and dumping the ice in early. What can I say.
It has a lot of potential. I know I've wasted more than 5k trading up to a different cars so I'm sticking with this one. Give me another chance on the track guys after I put it back together again. laugh

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser.:
Yeah I know I'm a super jackass
Yeah well...what else is new? :p

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
A
A
Quote:
Everybodies ragging the turbo but into you ride in the car when the car hit 10psi you have to hold on to wheel and watch the tach shoot up and tell me it not worth it.

How do ya'll sit there and say this it not worth it? It will be the biggest sleeper there is and will out handle a cobra all day and carry four people comfortable.

If everyone added up the money you spend in trading in vehicles and buying new along with interest this car would still be a cheaper car with all the mods and da*n fast one at that.

Ya'll just wait till the 99 svt get out his shop with more hp than 2000 and with the proper setup everybody will want to get on the train.
You was good until you said that. Question.. how reliable is the contour going to be?? I bet you this. There will be blown tranmissions, and blown engine left and right. You say if you factor in all the trade in costs etc,etc it will still be cheaper to keep the tour. I beg to differ. If you
add the cost of the turbo and all the other mods. You will be reaching the price of an nice low milage used S4 with 250 HP stock and a full warrenty to boot. So no matter what you say it will not be worth it. Hell I would love to see a contour break 13's or even 12's, but IMHO it is just not cost effective. Good luck, and give me a holla I will give any turbo tour a run. wink

-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:
You was good until you said that. Question.. how reliable is the contour going to be?? I bet you this. There will be blown tranmissions, and blown engine left and right. You say if you factor in all the trade in costs etc,etc it will still be cheaper to keep the tour. I beg to differ. If you
add the cost of the turbo and all the other mods. You will be reaching the price of an nice low milage used S4 with 250 HP stock and a full warrenty to boot. So no matter what you say it will not be worth it. Hell I would love to see a contour break 13's or even 12's, but IMHO it is just not cost effective. Good luck, and give me a holla I will give any turbo tour a run. wink

-Antonio[/QB][/QUOTE]

well you might want ot take into consideration that a lot of the people on this site have a tour because they like the car and it's not a reliability issue.I'm sure that if you get up everyday and enjoy every drive you have because you like your car you would probably wouldn't have posted

91' civic sedan.iceman CAI
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by codeo:
Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

-Antonio
well you might want ot take into consideration that a lot of the people on this site have a tour because they like the car and it's not a reliability issue.I'm sure that if you get up everyday and enjoy every drive you have because you like your car you would probably wouldn't have posted[/QB][/QUOTE]

Well whatever.. This topic has strayed far enough. If you had two SVT's that turned out to be nothing but trouble you would understand where I am coming from. Oh, and one more thing. I only put mods on that made the car look good, and I had problems. You guys are talking internals, harded gears and such. When will you wake up?? When you spent 30,000 into a car you can't take down the street or the track? Or now. I have seen the light and I hope you will to. Again just my 1.00.

P.S I love the contour, I love my car, but the damn thing is way to fragile.

-Antonio

99' SVT
K
K
"Mr.Sulu....this topic has gone way off course."

It is unfortunate that you have had bad experiences with your cars Antonio. There is a bit of luck of the draw when it comes to cars. You have to pray that your car wasn't built at the end of a shift on a Friday sometimes. I don't think that you can catagorize all Contours into the realm of which you speak..i.e. "see the light". I know parts will break eventually but I plan on fixing them.

But anyway Antonio.....if I get someone who knows what they are doing to drive the strip, or I learn how to race, what do you think the capabilities are if she holds together?

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser.:
"Mr.Sulu....this topic has gone way off course."

It is unfortunate that you have had bad experiences with your cars Antonio. There is a bit of luck of the draw when it comes to cars. You have to pray that your car wasn't built at the end of a shift on a Friday sometimes. I don't think that you can catagorize all Contours into the realm of which you speak..i.e. "see the light". I know parts will break eventually but I plan on fixing them.

But anyway Antonio.....if I get someone who knows what they are doing to drive the strip, or I learn how to race, what do you think the capabilities are if she holds together?
kaiser, I have no clue. With the HP being claimed you should run 9's all day. Okay I am j/k. I would be happy if you break high 13's. I would love to see that in person.

-Antonio

99' SVT
O
O
I'd hope for more than high 13s for over $5K! You can spray with a Quaife and dip into the 13s.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard