Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MFE Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We thought we'd have a blockbuster day, maybe pull an unprecedented 40 students. Nope...70. Unbelievable. It's a good problem to have but I was afraid we'd turn people off with a lack of seat time. Those that stuck around got at least 5 runs but I was hoping for more like 10-12 per student. Not a bad deal anyway for $10 and we had several come back on Sunday for the actual event even though the weather sucked. And we got 3 new SCCA members out of it already. Just thought I'd share the good news.

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6, loaded
'98 Grand Prix GTP 14.88/91 bone stock, awaiting new times from 3.4 pulley, CAI, U-bend removal but it's creeping up on the...
Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101

3-time local class champion autocrosser

Racing school whore
S
S
Congratulations on your success! We won't have our school here in St. Louis till April. I think we will have a class size limit due to the availability of instructors available. I hpe KC and St. Louis weather improves soon. Our event last week and yesterday were run in 40 degreee temps and intermittent drizzle. We still had 160 participants last week and 135 yesterday.
Respectfully,
Andy Hohl

M
MFE Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Wow...we might pull 135 for an event like Arrowhead but 160? Never. Do you do 3 runs or 4? How many drivers per heat?

Yeah the weather was 40's and drizzle yesterday, felt more like a damp 25. Knowing rain was coming we limited our drivers to 3 runs instead of the usual 4 and got the 4-heat event over with by 1 PM after a 9:30 start.

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6, loaded
'98 Grand Prix GTP 14.88/91 bone stock, awaiting new times from 3.4 pulley, CAI, U-bend removal but it's creeping up on the...
Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101

3-time local class champion autocrosser

Racing school whore
S
S
With this many people, we are giving 3 runs with 30 car heats. We are looking at ways to speed worker change over to make the events go faster. The limiting factor now is the amount of rookies we are trying to train.

Respectfully,
Andy Hohl

I
I
We had a record 129 participants at the Kentucky Region AutoX. We had 4 runs, 30 in each heat, four heats. We did worker exchange on the fly.
Over 40 novices if I remeber correctly. STS was full, 15-20 cars. Subies everywhere. 800 hp Corvette, four Z06s, 2 Porches, 8 RX7s, Formula Vees, et al.

I am not sure If they got done by dark, I left after the 3rd heat at 4:45pm.

98 Contour LX V6 Mtx
J
J
At the most recent KY Region event, we shattered the 129 driver record by having 140. Also, we did better at the "hot" worker changeovers, and were able to acheive 5 runs each in 4 heats. While the quicker changeover seems to be working alright, I get real nervous watching newbies crossing the course with cars actively running. That, and worker turnout for the 4th heat was pretty poor. The corner I ended up working was very active (chicago box going into a tight lefthand 180), and the two kids they sent me had never shagged a cone in their lives. I kept having to tell them heads up as they carried on their conversations without paying attention to what was going on around them. They finally understood when a jerk in a Z06 slipped his rear in the box and didn't let out of it. As he spun out of control, he came within 20 feet of us. After that, they didn't turn their backs on any more cars. Boy, do I ramble or what. Anyway, next event in Louisville is 4-28. Off of Grade Lane in the UPS big lot. Anyone in the area should come and play.

Later,
James

James
'89 Plymouth Colt GT Turbo (Rapid Transit Turbocan)
'80 Mazda RX-7 GS (da AutoX Bish!)
'85 RX-7 GSL (da Partz Bish!)
'98 Ford Contour SVT (Wifey's Car:) )
T
T
It seems to me like auto enthusiasts are resurging. Anyone back me on this. I think it's great.

"If you're pushing crazy I'm all full up here."

{Black '96 Contour SE MTX w/ over 126k on the clock}
· Get the skinny here.
· Need a 96-00 Ford Service Manual on CDROM?
S
S
Man I wish we had some decent turnouts. Wait, then we might have to work the course and get less than 6 runs and be done in more than 3 hours. I'm still jealous cuz its more fun to beat more folks and get a better idea of how you are progressing. Tallahassee got away with charging $40 for their novice driver school! eek

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard