Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
You get a freakin' 500 horsepower car for $40K!!!! What else do you want? And compairing the Shelby to a M3 is compairing apples to oranges, two compleatly different cars ment for differnt things. And the Shelby not being a collectors car, tell that to my fiances dad who owned a 70 shelby GT500 convertable, 67 fastback stang, 68(?) Boss, 70 Torino. You just never really know what cars are going to be collectors 30 years from now. But the people paying $10K+ more than book are idiots.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by elraido:
You get a freakin' 500 horsepower car for $40K!!!! What else do you want? And compairing the Shelby to a M3 is compairing apples to oranges, two compleatly different cars ment for differnt things. And the Shelby not being a collectors car, tell that to my fiances dad who owned a 70 shelby GT500 convertable, 67 fastback stang, 68(?) Boss, 70 Torino. You just never really know what cars are going to be collectors 30 years from now. But the people paying $10K+ more than book are idiots.

Elraido,
Let me try to clarify this. I'm not comparing the Shelby to an M3. What I was trying to get at is, that for the price of an M3 you get a very well rounded car that drives phenomenal. Again, I think the Shelby has alot of bang for the buck "once it can be had for 40-45K" and not the roughly 60K people are having to pay now. If I remember correctly, I recall reading that these were going to be mass produced and that's why I made the statement about not being a collectors car. In all honesty, given it's heritage, it should not be mass produced and very well deserves to be a collector car someday. The moral of my whole argument is that I simply feel that this car could have been absolutley phenomenal with just a few adjustments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm glad to see alot of people love this car. Ford can certainly use the revenue before they fall off the map lol

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
you got that right about ford falling of the map, right along with GM. Isn't it nice to see that the only decent cars it seems either of them make are their top of the line sports cars---Mustang, Vette. What are the production numbers for the Shelby anywho?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by elraido:
you got that right about ford falling of the map, right along with GM. Isn't it nice to see that the only decent cars it seems either of them make are their top of the line sports cars---Mustang, Vette. What are the production numbers for the Shelby anywho?

I found somewhere online that this year roughly 9000-10000 would be produced. That's not too bad but if they keep making them every year for the next few years, they wont be that rare.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
i hope they keep selling them... gives me more time to try and win the lottery to buy one

S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
iirc, GM made a ton of 57 Chevys, arent those collector cars? its not completely about numbers produced or how rare they are in 30 years, but how desireable the car is. of course rarity will make the car worth more, but in 30 years, who's to say how many are still around in mint condition. how many wont be wrecked? like the terminator, i think they definitely will be worth something, just maybe not as much as a COPO camaro.

as far as this cobra's handling, i forgot to mention that he took some corners at pretty high speeds and the car was just glued to the road. im sure having 9" wide Goodyear F1s has something to do with it, but for stock suspension i was really impressed with its cornering abilities.

while the M3s keep going up in price, for $46k this cobra cant be beat, although i wish they would have still kept them in the $30ks.... i bet you with a professional driver in each car, that shelby could keep up, or surpass, the M3 no problem.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
FWIW, I'll take a Dinan S/C'd M3 over the Cobra anyday and I'm sorry to repeat myself, but those rims are ugly, just like the ones on the Saleen, although I do like the rear treatment on the Saleen though Also, can someone check the Cobra into Jenny Craig

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Also, can someone check the Cobra into Jenny Craig

Biggest problem right there. 3900 pounds, right?

"Mod your car tastefully because other people have to look at it." -Me
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by PurpleMystique:
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Also, can someone check the Cobra into Jenny Craig

Biggest problem right there. 3900 pounds, right?

I know right? Good lord does the Cobra needs a diet. I'd be much more impressed with a 3200 lb Cobra than a 3900. As it stands, however, I'm waiting for the Camaro and Impala SS...

She's real fine my 409....

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Cobra-

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard