Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
I like the second set of rims, but in my opinion the stock rims look pretty good. (they give a sense of strength)

Wonder what a GTO would be like with IRS if a solid is squirmy. - must be aweful!

All in all a great car. Man does that front end look mean!!!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Cool, car that goes for about 20K over sticker and still has a fugly set of wheels and shi*%y suspension. On top of that, it doesn't look nearly as good as some of the Roush and saleen models available. I understand it has an insane amount of HP but I still can't see that this alone would justify the price. I'm sorry but I still don't see what all the buzz is about.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Pienstars:
Cool, car that goes for about 20K over sticker and still has a fugly set of wheels and shi*%y suspension. On top of that, it doesn't look nearly as good as some of the Roush and saleen models available. I understand it has an insane amount of HP but I still can't see that this alone would justify the price. I'm sorry but I still don't see what all the buzz is about.

Are you insane? Roush and saleen make some of the UGLIEST cars out there. yes, they are going for way over sticker price...but it will come down in a little while. It is the whole "gotta have the first one" syndrome. And I think they should just stick with the stock rims. Good enough.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by elraido:

Are you insane? Roush and saleen make some of the UGLIEST cars out there. yes, they are going for way over sticker price...but it will come down in a little while. It is the whole "gotta have the first one" syndrome. And I think they should just stick with the stock rims. Good enough.

Definitely not insane

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H

Obviously you have no taste. You need to go for a ride in one of these or drive one. Then come talk [censored] about it!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Harrry:

Obviously you have no taste. You need to go for a ride in one of these or drive one. Then come talk [censored] about it!!

the owner of that particular Cobra was in the Ford Powerlease program. if you leased a terminator you were guaranted a Shelby......at sticker price! he got his for $46k! (signed by Shelby too) from Galpin Ford which supposedly has/had one for $105k!

so lets see, a 500 hp Cobra with 6spd tremec trans and other goodies. OR a 325hp Saleen with a bunch of plasticky crap tacked on for $55k. also Roush stage 1. same thing with the terminators. $35k for 390hp s/c IRS 6spd yada yada or base model S281 or ROush. dont get me wrong, i LOVE Roush mustangs, but you get more bang for your buck with Cobras. no one is forcing these people to buy these things at gouged prices. once theyre all over the place at sticker, these first buyers will realize they were suckered.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

Nce comment, I have no taste because I don't like a car that you do. No need to drive one, I know exactly what to expect. You can extremely fast in a straight line and then eat shat when you hit a corner because the suspension needs work. But hey, you should expect to have to pay for a new suspension when you're shelling out 40k for a new car. Oh wait, 60k for now because most tools are under the impression this is going to be a collector car. Maybe someone should tell BMW that they can save their company some money by putting a POS suspension on their M series cars. We can argue about this all day long just like in other posts but at the end of the day, I still think the car is bland and had so much more potential. Oh btw, I do drive a contour which I'm assuming you do as well so think about your "no taste" comment for a minute.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

Nce comment, I have no taste because I don't like a car that you do. No need to drive one, I know exactly what to expect. You can extremely fast in a straight line and then eat shat when you hit a corner because the suspension needs work. But hey, you should expect to have to pay for a new suspension when you're shelling out 40k for a new car. Oh wait, 60k for now because most tools are under the impression this is going to be a collector car. Maybe someone should tell BMW that they can save their company some money by putting a POS suspension on their M series cars. We can argue about this all day long just like in other posts but at the end of the day, I still think the car is bland and had so much more potential. Oh btw, I do drive a contour which I'm assuming you do as well so think about your "no taste" comment for a minute.

You argue that the cobra has a [censored] suspension and needs work to stay with cars such as the M3 in the corners... Guess what sweethart, The M3 needs engine and powertrain mods to keep up with the Cobra..

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Tourige:

You argue that the cobra has a [censored] suspension and needs work to stay with cars such as the M3 in the corners... Guess what sweethart, The M3 needs engine and powertrain mods to keep up with the Cobra..

First of all, I'm not your sweethart. You may swing the door both ways but I'm not in that club. Btw, I think you missed the point. The simple fact remains that this car could have been so much better with just alittle more effort from Ford.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
ok the car handles pretty damn good if you ask me, a hell of alot better than my stock mustang. the shelby is alot better in the corners and alot better on the straight away hooking up. its not like the cars suspension is a POS. I think that shelby and svt took a great deal of time on reworking the suspension and would not have settled for a POS as you say. I guess it really dosent matter, mine will go fatser in a straight line

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard