Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Been looking everywhere online, and am starting to get pretty interested in the Infinity Kappa 682's. I found them for $87/pair shipped. I know there are some people running Kappa's in their Tours, so who knows if they are a drop in speaker? Will I need to make mounting plates? I'd like to order atleast one pair today or tomorrow.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Been looking everywhere online, and am starting to get pretty interested in the Infinity Kappa 682's. I found them for $87/pair shipped. I know there are some people running Kappa's in their Tours, so who knows if they are a drop in speaker? Will I need to make mounting plates? I'd like to order atleast one pair today or tomorrow.

Mark

Yep, right here. Just did two for the front. Look on Ebay, you can get a better deal than $87/pair shipped. IIRC, I got mine for $70/a pair, shipped and this was like 2.5 years ago. You have to be patient, I waited on mine for about 3 months. No need for anything, mine dropped right in.

The Kappas are great, the selling point to me was its clarity. Don't get me wrong, they hit hard, but I'm more of an sq guy. Probably, why I never needed to have a sub w/the kappas. On a side note, when my mother's (she has a contour, as well) speakers started crapping out, I put some cheapo 5x7 pioneers in there. I found them on clearance at Best Buy for $20. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed w/them for being so cheap. IMO, best bang for the buck. So you may want to look into that route, if you want to save yourself some dough. I pointed this out b/c you mentioned that you kept the stock speakers in your car for 6/7 yrs which is pretty impressive! So I'm not really sure the kappas will curtail to your needs. Anyways, both are exceptional products from my experience.

BTW, you were running a 10" sub on the stock equipment??? Wow, that must have been interesting!

Last edited by ancientsanskrit; 08/23/06 04:25 PM.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Will I need to make mounting plates?

You only need adapter plates if you are going with something other the 5x7/6x8. They pretty easy to make also. All you need is either a jigsaw, band saw or scroll saw; a drill or drill press and some mdf (I used 1/2").

Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Don't get me wrong, they hit hard, but I'm more of an sq guy. Probably, why I never needed to have a sub w/the kappas.

You know, the other day I was looking at a set of MB Quart comps that some kid was selling. He had a pair in the back and front, at the time I heard them they were running off HU power. I was shocked at the bass they put out, very impressive. His sq was horrible and the titanium tweeters drove me away from picking up a set, but I was still impressed.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I actually haven't hooked the 10" sub up, yet. I need to get some new RCA cables, and wanted to get these interior speakers first. I actually just picked up 2 sets of Alpine Type-S 5x7's for $131.15 shipped on ebay. They were the best deal I could find, and they are shipping out today since I paypal'd the money before 12:00PST. Hoping to have them in the next few days!

Thanks for all the input, everyone!

Mark

Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Speakers are out for shipment, according to the UPS website!

Mark

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard