Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
This is retarded.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Lets just lay off of him shall we??????

His post is no different than others in the duratec forums which state "What are the best mods to start with to gain HP..." etc.
If you don't like the post then don't respond. I don't think he is BS'ing anyone but you are putting him on the defensive before you even learn the story.
So if you can't contribute then.....
Bear in mind he is new and learning the duratec engine.

I myself am interested to see how someone else swapped in a 3L and got it to work....idea sharing right.

So all of you should just chill out

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by warmonger:

His post is no different than others in the duratec forums which state "What are the best mods to start with to gain HP..." etc.
If you don't like the post then don't respond. I don't think he is BS'ing anyone but you are putting him on the defensive before you even learn the story.

I myself am interested to see how someone else swapped in a 3L and got it to work....idea sharing right.

Originally posted by maven:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
There is no helping this guy. I wish i had the power to lock threads like this.

Why is that?

I have had a 98 Tuarus with a Duratec that pushed 265hp, I have had a 99 Taurus with a Vulcan that pushed 315hp and a 96 SHO that pushed 380hp.

The problem is the company I bought the Duratec parts from went out of buisness about 7 years ago and I don't want to supercharge it like I did the SHO and SE.

I am wanting luxury not performance.

As for mods, I have done nothing...not even a K&N.

Tom this guy has us all trumpted as u can see above. He isn't learning anything seeing as he already owns a 265 hp duratec...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
This...

Quote:

USAF Vietnam
1963-1965,1968-1970
(In-flight Mechanic & Navigation)

makes me inclined to believe him. I imagine he was one of those "emergency monkeywrenchers" who had to make stuff work RIGHT FREAKIN' NOW and came up with some unusual solutions (like patching holes in aircraft skins with unrolled Coke cans).

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I dont know why I read this whole thread, but can we please just help this guy out?

I'd say with a 3L alraedy in the contour, then try to install headers, intake, svt cams, tune, all the stuff warmonger said.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Well, what version of the 3L do you have? If it's a straight 3L then you can throw some svt components at it and get some power. On top of that, full exhaust and a CAI or SR Intake and add a tune. All that stuff would work the best at getting you 50 more hp on top of a straight 3L. If you have most of that done, pretty much the only thing you can do for that much of a jump is nitrous, which you said you don't want to do.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
M
maven Offline OP
OP Offline
M
To everyone who has responded with a constructive answer, thank you.

For every one wondering what/why/how on this car and my other cars. I don't want this to be a project car, if I wanted it to be like my other cars then I would spend the effort to have the parts machined, I would spend the effort to track down the performance parts that are no longer made. But this isn't suppose to be a project car this is suppose to be a daily driver something I can use while I work on my long term project car. That is why I am wanting to use production parts and gather knowledge from other people.

As far as the Vulcan is concerned there is a life lesson to be taught in it. Do not criticize an unknown absolute, that you do not know.

Morana Demo Car: Ford Taurus Vulcan, 400hp
Several Vulcan powered Ford Rangers, 300hp
BOSS 3.0 Ford Ranger: More than 350hp at the wheels
Ford Racing Vulcan Powered Probe: IIRC 450hp at the crank
The stomach turning amounts of Sable and Taurus owners over an 18 year period that have done everything you can imagine.

The Vulcan can use several V6 SHO and 302 parts, and it is no longer uncommon to see a Vulcan running 225hp (Stock Wheels) naturally aspirated from non-custom parts. Then you consider the fact that Whipple makes both a dedicated and universal Supercharger for the Vulcan Engine and that the engine will easily take a turbocharger or two, it seems harder to believe that there are not many more Vulcan engines breaking the 300hp mark. The Vulcan engine is still in it infancy when it comes to the hobbyist markets.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
To everyone who has responded with a constructive answer, thank you.

Morana Demo Car: Ford Taurus Vulcan, 400hp
Several Vulcan powered Ford Rangers, 300hp
BOSS 3.0 Ford Ranger: More than 350hp at the wheels
Ford Racing Vulcan Powered Probe: IIRC 450hp at the crank
The stomach turning amounts of Sable and Taurus owners over an 18 year period that have done everything you can imagine.

Now you stepped over your head. Look on the rps boards i have been a member since boss joined. I know his whole story with knomas knight. I talked to him alot!!

Do not lie he didn't no make 350 at the wheels nor does he now .

Don't make me get him come onto these boards to prove your wrong.

I worked on the vulcan desgin for 8 years doing performance.

I owned a ranger 3.0liter.
I owned the 3.0l liter taurus upper intake manifold that was made on those baords . Chooped runners with the new flange for a mustang tb. I bought the 3rd one made.

Sorry i have held my self back untill now you are pulling crap out your behind.

BOSS has the 3liter 4v4 which mated a t-5 transmission then he had thomas knight send him the supercharger kit, which was later called a knight-mare becuase it was junk. Boss couldn't get his money back so redesign the whole supecharger kit. Then he went with the whipple kit later.

So please he was the first supecharged 3;0 liter ranger out there.

The twin turbo ranger right now doesn't even make 350 at the wheels it made 298.

I test drove th new whipple ranger at teh tet track in derborn heights before it was drelased to the public. so please shhush!!!! Sorry man wrong!!!

That engine has been aroud for more than 18 years. It's more like 26 years.

By the way te few vulcan rangers are at 220 hp trucks.

Average ranger makes 97whp. going to 350 is alot,!!!

Last edited by Harrry; 08/22/06 10:27 PM.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by warmonger:

There is no helping this guy. I wish i had the power to lock threads like this.

Why is that?

I have had a 98 Tuarus with a Duratec that pushed 265hp, I have had a 99 Taurus with a Vulcan that pushed 315hp and a 96 SHO that pushed 380hp.

The problem is the company I bought the Duratec parts from went out of buisness about 7 years ago and I don't want to supercharge it like I did the SHO and SE.

I am wanting luxury not performance.

As for mods, I have done nothing...not even a K&N.

Tom this guy has us all trumpted as u can see above. He isn't learning anything seeing as he already owns a 265 hp duratec...

Hmm, I didn't catch that before.....

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Quote:

thomas knight send him the supercharger kit, which was later called a knight-mare

My kit from him is almost there at least. Thomas Knight isn't the smartest guy but with some help I'll get him to make something that works the way it should.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard