Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Although Pole120 has a lot of knowledge,he is not completely accurate on this subject.You can install the bushing with the sleeve,and while on the car.Get a bushing removal tool.It is a set of "cups" used with a c-clamp, that support the bushing as it is pressed into the hub.I have done this on my car.The best way to get them into the hub is to bevel the edge of the bushing that is going through the hub.Then apply A LOT of lubricant.If you want more info shoot me a PM.

2000 Silver SVT
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by tsSVT:
Although Pole120 has a lot of knowledge,he is not completely accurate on this subject.You can install the bushing with the sleeve, and while on the car.

Did i ever claim to be an expert and did i ever state it couldn't be done on the car?

Install the bushing with the sleeve???

You're talking about using a bushing removal tool...wich should push the stock bushing and the sleve it's molded too out of the knuckle. AFAIK you cannot install the ES bushing with the stock metal sleve sill in the knuckle, it just won't fit correctly, the center standof for the ES bushing will fit so tightly you can't even rotate it. The bushing comes bevled just enough to be pressed in as-is WITOHUT the stock sleve in the knuckle...

I've done this install 3 times...all went flawlessly and needed no modification to any bushings.

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Just an update on getting all this suspension work done. I got both struts/springs assemblies in along with the sway bar bushings. Needless to say there is a large difference in the suspension. I can't move it with it up in the air like I use to. Also the sway bar makes the car move when I pull on it! lol I use to be able to move the sway bar fairly easily.

oh but the best part is! I forgot to put on the passenger side top (chamber?) plate on the strut. So now that side has to come completely back off the car.

But I am very happy with the improvements and the car isn't even on the road yet!

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by ZeroHour:

oh but the best part is! I forgot to put on the passenger side top (chamber?) plate on the strut. So now that side has to come completely back off the car.

How is that even possible?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Werd.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pole120:
Originally posted by tsSVT:
Although Pole120 has a lot of knowledge,he is not completely accurate on this subject.You can install the bushing with the sleeve, and while on the car.

Did i ever claim to be an expert and did i ever state it couldn't be done on the car?

Install the bushing with the sleeve???

You're talking about using a bushing removal tool...wich should push the stock bushing and the sleve it's molded too out of the knuckle. AFAIK you cannot install the ES bushing with the stock metal sleve sill in the knuckle, it just won't fit correctly, the center standof for the ES bushing will fit so tightly you can't even rotate it. The bushing comes bevled just enough to be pressed in as-is WITOHUT the stock sleve in the knuckle...

I've done this install 3 times...all went flawlessly and needed no modification to any bushings.

Wow,wait a minute,I wasn't bashing you.I'm sorry if it came off that way.I have done this on my car.The center portion of my bushings just tore out of the knuckle and left the sleeve when I ran the tool threw.I just wanted to point out that it can be done.The bushing fits perfectly in the sleeve.I don't know if the bushing needs to be beveled to get it in this way,but I tore one of the ES bushings the first time I tried to do this.I didn't want to take any chances.Maybe i'm reading this wrong but what part are you talking about rotating?I assume you talking about the sleeve in the bushing?I don't know If mine can rotate or not.All I know is that there doesn't seem to be any binding or noise from the bushings.

Again,I'm sorry if I offended you,I just want to point out that it is possible to do this another way.

2000 Silver SVT
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by ZeroHour:

How is that even possible?

Not the strut mount. the two inch disk that goes on top of the strut mount. And its really easy when you set the part off to the side and are working on 5 and half hours of sleep after working an 9 hour day with a 3 hour meeting and a lunch immediately when you get back.

needless to say I'm glad that was my last day of my summer job! Last night I got plently of sleep and correct all the problems. I took the car out for a little drive tonight with the completed rear. I noticed slight improvement but did not try to drive above the posted speed limits because one it was the test run, two dusk sunlight = zero visibility, three I passed the same cop twice. I was thinking of turning around just to wave as I drove past him again, but that might be rude.

Tomorrow will be the start of the fronts.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard