Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Oh you guys have Plaxton city buses. Here in BC, Canada we have MCI, New Flyers and Orion Bus Industries.

As for tour buses we have Prevost, MCI and a few Vanhools mainly... I drive for CBL and here's what our buses look like:

Adrian 1999 CSVT, Tropic Green #1925/2760 Bosal Exhaust / B&M Shifter / Quad projector 4300K HID
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Very Cool!! I love the old IROC, especially from across the pond!

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
The 3rd car down is the mid 70's Mustang 2. About as popular as the Micra.

Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Originally posted by deedum:
if you mean tractor units and trailers as we call them, then yes, but ares are not as HUGE.

Keep in mind that here in the states it is common for tractors to be pulling two trailers. There are some states that allow three! Let me tell you, having passed one of those behemoths in Colorado, it's UNNERVING as three trailers have a tendency to weave like a snake!!!! Also, it takes a LOOONNNNNGGGGG time to get around a hundred feet or more of semi!!!!

Don't forget the Road Trains of Australia. 4 or more trailers aren't uncommon.

And for the record of longest road train....

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I wanna see him blind back that road train into a loading dock in Chicago or some other metropolitan city.

That third picture after the rare red X is a 1965 Galaxie 500 priced from $2950.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
if you mean tractor units and trailers as we call them, then yes, but ares are not as HUGE.

Keep in mind that here in the states it is common for tractors to be pulling two trailers. There are some states that allow three! Let me tell you, having passed one of those behemoths in Colorado, it's UNNERVING as three trailers have a tendency to weave like a snake!!!! Also, it takes a LOOONNNNNGGGGG time to get around a hundred feet or more of semi!!!!

Don't forget the Road Trains of Australia. 4 or more trailers aren't uncommon.

I didn't forget them. I just don't live there and he did ask why ours were big. I would HATE to have to try and pass one of those road trains though. Those things are CRAZY long!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
D
deedum Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
1 more beasty i liked

www.m-p-g.co.uk was steventrace
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
not a great piccy, but we have a 'few' of these

German guy I worked with on the airfield was talking about the big trucks... Said he likes American ones way better than the Euro ones due to the engine being out front.

He told me about that Scania, but said it's ugly... and he's right!

Those trucks are the "classic" ones. They nearly look identical to the ones 25-30 years ago, but have new engines and stuff.

This are "newer" trucks from the States:
Peterbilt 307:

Kenworth T660:

[image][/image]

International:

Volvo VHD:

Most of our cab-overs look something like this:

Oh, and I like how you can do whatever you want with your plates up there! I see GB plated cars here that have plates with a website on them... crazy!

Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 08/13/06 10:56 PM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
Oh, and I like how you can do whatever you want with your plates up there! I see GB plated cars here that have plates with a website on them... crazy!

Forida and Georgia (among others probably) have been putting the state website (MyFlorida.com and Georgia.com respectively) on their plates in the past few years.

What do you mean by "do whatever"? Like could you spray paint it tie-dye or cut out flames in the metal?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard