Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1628761 08/16/06 02:24 AM
?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?
Originally posted by Marky:
You are not helping the image of NASCAR fans. The on track performance of Mikey will not get any better, you are backing a loser. Your posts are pointless flame bait and you should stop posting.

Wow! I didn't even have to say it! Well done sir!

I could have sworn we pissed her off last time and she wasn't going to come back. I think we need to try harder so she gets the "hint" this time.

-Chris
~~~~~~~~

FWIW- Robert and Holly are back on the show.

-UE Mushu

Last edited by Ã?Å?ber Evil Mushu!; 08/16/06 02:30 AM.

Suck it Trebek! And by Trebek I mean Seaegee!
#1628762 08/16/06 02:31 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by Renee:

No, I am too smart to be watching General Hospital but I guess you wouldn't know anything about that would ya? How's Luke & Laura doing anyway?

What's the difference? They're both soap operas. One is watched in a bathrobe eating bon bons, and the other is watched drinking Coors Light and smoking Lucky Strikes.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
#1628763 08/16/06 02:54 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Ã?Å?ber Evil Mushu!:
Originally posted by Marky:
You are not helping the image of NASCAR fans. The on track performance of Mikey will not get any better, you are backing a loser. Your posts are pointless flame bait and you should stop posting.

Wow! I didn't even have to say it! Well done sir!

I could have sworn we pissed her off last time and she wasn't going to come back. I think we need to try harder so she gets the "hint" this time.

-Chris
~~~~~~~~

FWIW- Robert and Holly are back on the show.

-UE Mushu

I have no clue what you are talking about with this pi$$ing me off stuff, cause ya didn't. I couldn't care less of your opinion of Michael, so there.
Marky, you have no right to tell me who I shouldn't "back". Mikey's my driver, simple as that.

Oh and for what it's worth, I find it sad grown men are watching soaps enough to know what characters are on there. That's really sad, don't you have lives?

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#1628764 08/16/06 03:42 AM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H

Oh and for what it's worth, I find it sad grown men are watching soaps enough to know what characters are on there. That's really sad, don't you have lives?

Uh... Mushu = Girl

NASCAR = Soap Opera

Plenty of grown men and masculine women watch NASCAR, so don't knock them too.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
#1628765 08/16/06 07:11 AM
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
The last time I checked, Oldsmobile, Buick, and "all them" were part of the Big 3. Correct me if I am wrong...

Well, the "Big 3" in NASCAR are Chevy, Ford, and Dodge.......until next year when Toyota comes in. They don't race anything but Chevy Monte Carlo, Ford Fusion, and Dodge Charger or Intrepid right now.........hence Big 3

Ah, just another reason to hate the sport

Thought it was always american...

98.5 Silver Contour SVT 4931/6535 - March 8th, 1998. *Knaubernized *Brows *Clear Corners *5% Tints *Lil bump in the trunk ^.^ CarDomain Page *Updated August 6th*
#1628766 08/16/06 12:20 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Lexxer:
The last time I checked, Oldsmobile, Buick, and "all them" were part of the Big 3. Correct me if I am wrong...

Well, the "Big 3" in NASCAR are Chevy, Ford, and Dodge.......until next year when Toyota comes in. They don't race anything but Chevy Monte Carlo, Ford Fusion, and Dodge Charger or Intrepid right now.........hence Big 3

Ironically, of the 'street versions', the Camry, IIRC, is the only one built in the US!

Fusion = Hermosillo
Charger & Intrepid = Brampton
Monte = Oshawa
Camry = Kentucky

B. Riley Melbourne, FL '01 Camry LE V6/5-spd Was: '00 Black/Tan SVT Contour #560 - Sold 3/26/03 Before that: '95 Champ/Blue Contour GL V6 ATX
#1628767 08/16/06 02:05 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Lexxer:

hasn't been American since Dodge came back in a few years ago.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#1628768 08/16/06 02:49 PM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I hate Nascar that is why I prefer Rally
Real cars and a point. Just not a bunch of hillbillies circling the track.

I'd actually like to check out this upcoming Nascar race. Those stock cars can corner? Yeah I doubt they could cut a 90* turn past an F1

97.Contour.GL.ATX 89.Dodge.Colt.4G63T
#1628769 08/16/06 06:23 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Last time I checked, Canada was in North AMERICA. Mexico is in Central AMERICA. I do believe that would make all of those car AMERICAN, especially considering that they were designed by AMERICANS, much unlike the Camry, which won't be the the entrant into Nascar, rather the Avalon.

Also, the 4th-gen Camaros were built in Canada, so I guess that makes them flat-out Imports huh? So I guess knowing that, everyone will stop seeing it as a domestic then right?

Whatever. The "oh it's made in XXXXXland" argument is downright wrong if the car wasn't designed and intended for a core customer base in its country of manufacture. The Camry was designed for Japan, with a side market in every nation of the world, whereas the rest are SOLELY designed for the USA. You won't see a Fusion like ours in Japan.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
#1628770 08/16/06 07:08 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Hydramatic:
Last time I checked, Canada was in North AMERICA. Mexico is in Central AMERICA. I do believe that would make all of those car AMERICAN, especially considering that they were designed by AMERICANS, much unlike the Camry, which won't be the the entrant into Nascar, rather the Avalon.

Also, the 4th-gen Camaros were built in Canada, so I guess that makes them flat-out Imports huh? So I guess knowing that, everyone will stop seeing it as a domestic then right?

Whatever. The "oh it's made in XXXXXland" argument is downright wrong if the car wasn't designed and intended for a core customer base in its country of manufacture. The Camry was designed for Japan, with a side market in every nation of the world, whereas the rest are SOLELY designed for the USA. You won't see a Fusion like ours in Japan.

Whoa, there hot shot. No need to start twirling pistols here. I was just pointing out with some irony & humour that the Camry is the only one in the series (which, Nextel Cup, IIRC, doesn't have any venues in Canada or Mexico this or next year, and its major market is the US, no?) that's made in the United States.

And if you're right and it's actually the Avalon tube-framed jalopy that'll be out there banging it around with the rest of the rolling billboards, then Toyota and NASCAR have some updating to do on their websites, no? http://www.toyota.com/motorsports/nextel/news.html
http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/06/17/toyota.cup.car/index.html

B. Riley Melbourne, FL '01 Camry LE V6/5-spd Was: '00 Black/Tan SVT Contour #560 - Sold 3/26/03 Before that: '95 Champ/Blue Contour GL V6 ATX
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard