Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1628751 08/15/06 01:14 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Blk560:
is the lightness that's been added

I don't know why, but this phrase struck me as funny. I picture the inside and trunk of the car filled with helium balloons. I suppose removing weight equals adding lightness, but it just sounds goofy to me!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1628752 08/15/06 03:14 PM
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Originally posted by Blk560:
is the lightness that's been added

I don't know why, but this phrase struck me as funny. I picture the inside and trunk of the car filled with helium balloons. I suppose removing weight equals adding lightness, but it just sounds goofy to me!

It was part of one of Colin Chapman's favorite sayings "Simplicate and add lightness."

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
#1628753 08/15/06 04:24 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Renee:
No, I am too smart to be watching General Hospital but I guess you wouldn't know anything about that would ya? How's Luke & Laura doing anyway?

So you get pissy when people say NASCAR is a dumb redneck sport. Then, you say people that aren't as smart as you (NASCAR watcher) enjoy watching General Hospital?

Now that's some hypocrisy!

BTW, Laura has been in an insane asylum for a while now (left the show) and Luke is a has-been side plot.

Oh, and how did your boy do at the race anyway? Couldn't hold onto 1st place on the LAST LAP, I see.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
#1628754 08/15/06 06:23 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Man I wish NASCAR used real cars. It'd be great! Charger SRT-8s vs. Impala SS's vs. Crown Victorias . The battle between the Chargers and Impalas would be pretty fierce, especially considering the upcoming RWD Impala. Seeing as the Crown Vic is being phased-out, I don't really see it as much more than a stop gap until they could put a real engine in the five-hundred and RWD.

Of course, that is if they actually stopped being retarded and used real stock cars.

Personally, I'd much rather see the current/upcoming generation of muscle coupes doing laps around Daytona. Imagine Camaro SS vs. Shelby GT500 vs. Dodge Challanger SRT-8 vs. Hyundais upcoming V8 Tiburon vs. whatever Toyota tries to build to compete, maybe even a hot rod Altezza if they would just bring it over here. I wouldn't miss it!

Until then, I'll just keep going to the local 1/4 mile oval and watch REAL stock cars race. There ain't nothing like watching a 2nd gen Camaro, a Monte Carlo, a Chevelle, and some T-birds duke it out on a short track.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
#1628755 08/15/06 07:57 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Hightower GT:
No, I am too smart to be watching General Hospital but I guess you wouldn't know anything about that would ya? How's Luke & Laura doing anyway?

So you get pissy when people say NASCAR is a dumb redneck sport. Then, you say people that aren't as smart as you (NASCAR watcher) enjoy watching General Hospital?

Now that's some hypocrisy!

BTW, Laura has been in an insane asylum for a while now (left the show) and Luke is a has-been side plot.

Oh, and how did your boy do at the race anyway? Couldn't hold onto 1st place on the LAST LAP, I see.

Huh? Michael led a lap but he got wrecked by Clint Bowyer. Bowyer couldn't handle his car darn rookie. Michael COULD have had his best race of the year so far and gotten a top 20 finish. He was on his way and in 22nd when Bowyer lost control of his car. Look for Michael to do much better the rest of the season now that Tommy Baldwin is his crew chief. They were awesome together at the Glen.

Anyway, the whole General Hospital thing was a joke, how do you think I know who Luke & Laura were?? I used to watch it back in the early to mid-80s. LOL but Robert & Holly Scorpio were my favs. By the way, how do you know about Laura anyway??

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#1628756 08/15/06 08:00 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Hydramatic:
Man I wish NASCAR used real cars. It'd be great! Charger SRT-8s vs. Impala SS's vs. Crown Victorias . The battle between the Chargers and Impalas would be pretty fierce, especially considering the upcoming RWD Impala. Seeing as the Crown Vic is being phased-out, I don't really see it as much more than a stop gap until they could put a real engine in the five-hundred and RWD.

Of course, that is if they actually stopped being retarded and used real stock cars.

Personally, I'd much rather see the current/upcoming generation of muscle coupes doing laps around Daytona. Imagine Camaro SS vs. Shelby GT500 vs. Dodge Challanger SRT-8 vs. Hyundais upcoming V8 Tiburon vs. whatever Toyota tries to build to compete, maybe even a hot rod Altezza if they would just bring it over here. I wouldn't miss it!

Until then, I'll just keep going to the local 1/4 mile oval and watch REAL stock cars race. There ain't nothing like watching a 2nd gen Camaro, a Monte Carlo, a Chevelle, and some T-birds duke it out on a short track.

that was the old days dear. Old school racing. NASCAR has become so commercialized lately it's pathetic. Wish Oldsmobile, Buick, and all them would come back in, give the "Big 3" a run for their money.

#1628757 08/15/06 08:18 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Hydramatic:

that was the old days dear. Old school racing. NASCAR has become so commercialized lately it's pathetic. Wish Oldsmobile, Buick, and all them would come back in, give the "Big 3" a run for their money.

The last time I checked, Oldsmobile, Buick, and "all them" were part of the Big 3. Correct me if I am wrong...

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
#1628758 08/15/06 08:57 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:

The last time I checked, Oldsmobile, Buick, and "all them" were part of the Big 3. Correct me if I am wrong...

Yeah, but:

Oldsmobile = GM (dead)
Buick = GM (Garbage)

And it's really only the Big 2 now. Chrysler is German now.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
#1628759 08/15/06 09:13 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:

Well, the "Big 3" in NASCAR are Chevy, Ford, and Dodge.......until next year when Toyota comes in. They don't race anything but Chevy Monte Carlo, Ford Fusion, and Dodge Charger or Intrepid right now.........hence Big 3

#1628760 08/16/06 01:37 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
You are not helping the image of NASCAR fans. The on track performance of Mikey will not get any better, you are backing a loser. Your posts are pointless flame bait and you should stop posting.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard