Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
Would a human body vaporize like that?

Yes in the immediate blast zone, most things would vaporize. Someone already mentioned the vast heat produced.

Imagine what a REAL nuclear bomb would/ could do. These 2 bombs were relatively small Atomic bombs - yielding about:

Hiroshima - "Little Boy" bomb - 15 kilotons.
Nagasaki - "Fat Man" bomb - 21 kilotons.
(reference)

A kiloton = the explosive force of 1000 metric tons of TNT (Dynamite). ( reference)

The type of nuclear weapons that the US and Russia had during the Cold War, had yields in the hundreds of kilotons. For example, the "Peacekeeper" missile (more commonly known as the "MX" missile) could carry up to 10 warheads EACH with a 300 kiloton yield.

One "Peacekeeper" missile could drop multiple warheads on multiple targets and the total yield of that one missile would be measured in the megatons (1 megaton = 1 million metric tons of TNT). The US had 50 of them during the height of the Cold War.
reference
reference

That is just plain crazy! The destructive power is truly mind boggling. I have always found the physics and engineering of these sorts of weapons to be fascinating. But the potential power is SCARY ! ! !

That is why we must keep a good watch on North Korea's weapon development program. I don't get political but the thought of this sort of power in the hands of that man... Truly scary.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
infreakingsane

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Isn't the nuclear radiation (alpha, beta and gamma radiation) the most damaging part of a nuclear explosion because the contamination can last for decades?

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Tom Thumb:
Isn't the nuclear radiation (alpha, beta and gamma radiation) the most damaging part of a nuclear explosion because the contamination can last for decades?

I'm not sure about the most damaging, but it definitely adds to the destruction. People close but not close enough to die in the initial blast will die from Radiation poisoning. Then the area will be contaminated for like you say, decades.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I have heard that somewhere near one of the sites of a nuclear reactor meltdown, they're starting to see wildlife reappear, and other than the fact that the creatures are radioactive they appear to be perfectly healthy.

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Personally, I think that would be a pretty good way to go. One second you're standing there minding your own business, next second you don't exist. No pain, no time for fear, just *bam!*

I agree, it would be a great way to go. No pain no nothing, if thats the case.

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I'm sure not everyone received a painless death. Radiation is a [censored]. Birth defects in the area are still present to this day. We still should have dropped the bomn though. Did a speech in college about it.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Atomic bomb videos are really crazy. The sheer size is mind boggling.

I still think The Sum of All Fears is one badass movie.(nuclear explosions and crap)

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
I have heard that somewhere near one of the sites of a nuclear reactor meltdown, they're starting to see wildlife reappear, and other than the fact that the creatures are radioactive they appear to be perfectly healthy.

They are seeing wildlife in Pripyat, the town near Chernobyl.

Goto www.kiddofspeed.com This lady has taken her bike around the area and has taken a bunch of photos of what is left. It's a total ghost town, pretty cool stuff. There is a photo of wild horses running around.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:

Goto www.kiddofspeed.com This lady has taken her bike around the area and has taken a bunch of photos of what is left. It's a total ghost town, pretty cool stuff. There is a photo of wild horses running around.

And parts of it were a hoax.
Link

Link 2.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard