Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
About 3 weeks ago, we got a second cat from the Animal Rescue League. He's a two year old Red Point Siamese and we named him Cosmo... He would jump into your lap and purr away, or chase toys until your arm got tired... He liked his face rubbed, and would put his paws on your face as he laid next to you stroking his belly. He is sooooooooo super sweet... well, super sweet until he got near our other cat.

He was supposed to be a buddy for our 4 year old Seal Point Siamese named Manny, but instead, Cosmo just had waaaaaaaay to much of an instinct to dominate and wouldn't leave Manny alone. Even after doing sooooooo many tricks and tips from various websites, like leaving Cosmo in a carrier in the middle of the room for a few days... or keep him in a "safe room" for another few days, then switch to let each other get the other's scents... Cos would act totally lovey dovey and purr up a storm, until he saw Manny... I guess he was neutered to late in his life as friends have introduced new animals and never had the problems we did.

For instance, on Saturday we had to take Manny to the after hours emergency pet care hospital to have them look at his eye. Cosmo darted past my wife and had chased Manny through the house yet again. Cosmo pinned Manny down by the neck, and they had a big ol fight as Manny tried his best to get away... During the fight, Manny caught a claw in the eye (actually the third eyelid) and had a few bite marks on his neck. Now, my first cat Manny needs eye drops 4-6 times a day in order to heal. He should be fine, but I couldn't stand to see him cower in the corner from a cat that we got to be his buddy.

I ended up taking Cosmo back to the ARL last night after going back and forth about the decision over the entire weekend. In the past, I've always damned the people that let thier babies go away to a place like the ARL, but now I can understand... I just couldn't get him under control no matter what we tried. I feel like my heart is broken. I haven't felt this bad in a loooooooooong time.

Sorry for the fuzzy phone pics, but they're the only ones we took of him.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
That's too bad...at least you know that Manny's not an aggressor. Ever consider getting one of the opposite sex or at the least not another Siamese?

I couldn't stand giving up a pet, but if it's for the health of my longtime pet, I'd do it in a heartbeat...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
That is too bad, sorry to hear the sad news.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
sucks to lose good pets.

Don't worry though, someone will snatch him up in no time and give him a great, loving home.
It sucks that he can't be in your home, but at least he'll get placed somewhere.
Most likely the ARL will now stipulate that he can't go to a home with other cats.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Most likely the ARL will now stipulate that he can't go to a home with other cats.

It's unfortunate, animals at the rescue shelter I've dealt w/ are screened for aggression against other animals as well as food & children before the adoption process...saves alot of pain & heartbreak

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by PeppermintPatty:
Ever consider getting one of the opposite sex or at the least not another Siamese?

It would have to be Siamese, or one of very few other short hairs that have lower allergens. My wife has allergies that we have to consider... We're not going to go through this again, so we'll remain a one pet household until Manny lives out his years, hopefully another 15-20 years. Siamese can live to be 20+ with pretty good regularity, so we're happy about that.

Don't worry though, someone will snatch him up in no time and give him a great, loving home.
It sucks that he can't be in your home, but at least he'll get placed somewhere.

Yeah, he's a really good boy. I made sure I filled out the card as complete as I could to make sure the next time he's adopted he's got a better chance to stay for good. "Needs a one pet home, loves to cuddle, purr, play with toys, needs his belly and face rubbed often." Snif...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
it's too bad you don't live closer.
I'm really ready to replace the cat we had to put to sleep a few months ago.
I would have taken Manny from you.

I need a pet badly. There's a void in my heart and I know a pet will fill it.
It's amazing how much they can alter your life for the better.
The happiness and love they provide is astounding.

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Well being that you filled out the card and made it clear that it was a great animal, just not one to be around others. He should find a great home and it sound like someone will be very happy with him. You did the right thing!Eventhough it's hard

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
it's too bad you don't live closer.
I'm really ready to replace the cat we had to put to sleep a few months ago.
I would have taken Manny from you.

I need a pet badly. There's a void in my heart and I know a pet will fill it.
It's amazing how much they can alter your life for the better.
The happiness and love they provide is astounding.

You mean you would have taken Cosmo, Manny is our resident cat. Thanks for the heart felt comments. I know how you feel as we had to wait several years before we found Manny. He can make us smile on our worst days just by being himself. It's amazing how they can know how you're feeling and provide you with what you need to feel better, whether they lie down next to you, or give you a headbutt on the leg as you walk in the door... you know you're loved.

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by bnoon:

You mean you would have taken Cosmo, Manny is our resident cat.

d'oh, yeah
eye r not gud at reeding

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard