Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Today's oils, the ones rated GF-4 and SM, don't need any additives. They already have an exceptional additive package and use superior base stocks. Don't mess around with Lucas, Marvel Mystery Oil, Wynn's, or ATF. You just plain don't need it and you may adversly effect the additive balance.

That said, a little bit if ATF in the oil as a one time thing isn't going to make enough difference to worry about.

Beyond ocassionaly using chemicals (additives) for a specifiic reason, you just don't need to spend the money for snake oils.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I used ATF before on my SR20 240SX to unstick valves during a leakdown test.

It worked wonderful and got the car running great before the standalone ecu burnt

97.Contour.GL.ATX 89.Dodge.Colt.4G63T
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Big Jim:

Beyond ocassionaly using chemicals (additives) for a specifiic reason, you just don't need to spend the money for snake oils.

For the most part I agree with that. But I don't see the problem with pouring a little ATF or MMO (not a lucas fan) right before each oil change or every other. Especially for those that run cheapo dino oils. Of course, it does run the risk of gunk build-up in the engine breaking off and causing an oil leak, but other products such as auto-Rx run that risk also.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard