Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Depends on your state law. Minnesota law prohibits creditors from calling or writing if you send a written notice telling them to stop. Once the letter is received, they can only inform you if they are stopping collection activities and are "pursuing legal remedies".

From the Minnesota Attorney General's office:

Debt Collection Fact Sheet

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
Once the letter is received, they can only inform you if they are stopping collection activities and are "pursuing legal remedies".

So can they still call you every day and tell you they're gonna pursue legal remedies?

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
On creditors calling, I believe you can tell them not to call you as well.

Sure, you can tell them not to call, but they will probably tell you where to stuff it.

I believe you have a right not to be bothered by collections/ creditors at work and maybe on a cell phone (since receiving the call may cost you) but you are SOL at home. Make some token payment, that might help for a few weeks. Or that is what caller ID is for, IMO.

On the soliciation calls, have you answered and told them not to call you anymore? I believe they have to respect your wishes on that, or if you tell them that 3 times... something like that. I think if you answer tell them you are not interested and to stop calling and take your name and number off the list... I think they are obligated to do it. Whether or not they do...

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Oh ya, I started out by very politely answering and saying "hello, do not call me anymore. Please remove me from your list, thank you". Get this, they would just hang up on ME... then call back 20-25 minutes later. I got more and more unpolite as I asked them more and more to stop calling, until I was eventually dropping the F-bomb on them with every other word. (They have called my phone WELL over 50 times in less than a week).

I have done all the research I can on the number. Found some others that have been called the last few days as well. Turns out it has something to do with an election survey. I cannot believe the agressiveness of this survey campaign. Even if they did get ahold of me, after calling me that many times I am going to do the best I can to skew their survey data in whatever way I can after you hassle me to that extent.

The good news is that the calls seem to have stopped as of this afternoon! (after I posted) I'm hoping it's not just because they are now closed for the weekend or something. If the calls don't continue by Monday morning I think I'm in the clear. Thanks for the suggestions everyone... I might still have to pursue some of them.

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
go to the FCC website and file a complaint. No company is allowed to call a cell phone at anytime regardless of whether or not you are on the national do not call list.

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
or you could just block the number

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Is it some one you actually owe money to? If so, pay them.

Wanna borrow me $$$?

My Rides 98 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4 22" Akuza Creepin 2 Infinity Reference 12" Subs 1 Infinity 520 Watt 4-Channel Amp 1 Infinity 1200 Watt 2-Channel Amp 4 Infinity Reference 6x8
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Creditors are OWED a debt. You don't pay, you lose your stuff, plain and simple. The only chance you get at NOT receiving calls, is to file bankruptcy.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
No company is allowed to call a cell phone at anytime regardless of whether or not you are on the national do not call list.

This is correct for cell phones only. However as far as the DNC list is concerned, politicians, charities, and surveys still can. Because this is a survey the FCC cannot enforce the DNC list rules, even though its a cell phone you're dealing with. Complaining under the Do Not Call website will not get you anywhere in this case. I'm not exactly sure where you need to go to complain about this if it continues, but you might be able to start here.

Last edited by hetfield; 08/07/06 03:29 AM.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard