Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1623492 08/10/06 03:37 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
my 2 cents...

I understand what you are saying Tricker...(I don't think you will find "many" misconceptions in the FI forum...you will in general mods) I feel the same way about $ spent...it is better put in some places...you will find many believe that way...

Plus, many of us that are really pushing the envelope with the Contour...it isn't the first car we've had to toy around with... so we aren't really "dumb" when it comes to mods.

Just take it easy. Like Ray said speak softly...many on here do. It looks bad when you get on here, and start claiming this and that when you don't know who we are or what we have. Usually we are pretty easy to get along with.

FYI One of the fastest 1/4's for a Contour came from a 3L N/A.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
#1623493 08/10/06 07:53 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I agree warmonger. like i said you are one of the people i respect most on this site because you have tried basically every type of aspiration on the contour. and let me tell you man, the difference between a 75 and 100 shot is insane, too. you shoulda tried it. i'm going to dual stage and put a 75 and a 50 shot in. when it's all up and running i'll let you all know how that does. i want the dual stage before i do that because i dont want to shock the engine so much with that much nitrous at one time. and also, yeah. i know everyone says the borla exhaust is almost like stock etc i was just pointing out that options are limited for a bolt on and people seemed to be dissing on his exhaust. and i see what your saying i know i am opinionated.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
#1623494 08/12/06 05:30 PM
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by warmonger:

So anyway, I just think all the attitude is unwarranted. Even if someone jumped you, jump them back once and let it drop so that you don't alienate other people online. I don't think you are a bad dude but I think you got on the defensive and should just let it die down.

I agree. That's why I let this post continue in order to let TRicker come full circle and protect himself. Provoked, yes, but he took "most" of the garbage to PM's and kept mostly information in his posts. We've got to stop alienating the newbies here, at least until they get past the initial "mines better than yours" phase. Been there, done that, got the Spring Zing '01 T-shirts and some busted engine parts to prove it.

Originally posted by TRicker:
I agree warmonger. like i said you are one of the people i respect most on this site because you have tried basically every type of aspiration on the contour. and let me tell you man, the difference between a 75 and 100 shot is insane, too. you shoulda tried it. i'm going to dual stage and put a 75 and a 50 shot in. when it's all up and running i'll let you all know how that does. i want the dual stage before i do that because i dont want to shock the engine so much with that much nitrous at one time. and also, yeah. i know everyone says the borla exhaust is almost like stock etc i was just pointing out that options are limited for a bolt on and people seemed to be dissing on his exhaust. and i see what your saying i know i am opinionated.

I tried 100 shot on the street on my '99 SE when it had the 2.5 in it and I got worried about fuel. Do you have any sort of fuel pressure monitoring going on? Or at least a fuel pressure saftey switch? How about plans for a wide band to know what's coming out of the motor?

Also, the dual step is a great idea. With the 100 shot, it was pretty much useless in 1st and 2nd gear coming on all at once, which had a negative impact on 0-60 time and 1/4 mile compared to the 75 shot (on my car at least). The top end charge was fun though!

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
#1623495 08/13/06 09:08 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
i have a AEM wideband 02, and i have a fuel pressure guage. my car reads 60psi flowing fuel pressure. i have a E0 svt so the system is a return style. it seems to run a little bit more pressure than that later models.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard