Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1621770 08/02/06 08:48 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Why is that they can do something extreme like a 2 door version of a 4 door, but a 6 speed/LSD can't find its way into the car w/ the 3.0L V6 Now that would be the start of a "bold move"

Because "6-Speed/LSD" won't sell a car to anyone buy a tiny minority of potential customers who even know what benefit that could possibly provide them let alone actually give a damn about that.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1621771 08/02/06 09:44 PM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by sigma:
Why is that they can do something extreme like a 2 door version of a 4 door, but a 6 speed/LSD can't find its way into the car w/ the 3.0L V6 Now that would be the start of a "bold move"

Because "6-Speed/LSD" won't sell a car to anyone buy a tiny minority of potential customers who even know what benefit that could possibly provide them let alone actually give a damn about that.

as far as im concerned there is no need for a 2 door family car. If they are making a 2 door version of the fusion, it better be a performance edition, otherwise its not worth it, im sure they will stick a higher price tag on it too thats cool, less convience with a higher price tag... thats what I like in a car.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
#1621772 08/02/06 10:27 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
Originally posted by sigma:

as far as im concerned there is no need for a 2 door family car. If they are making a 2 door version of the fusion, it better be a performance edition, otherwise its not worth it, im sure they will stick a higher price tag on it too thats cool, less convience with a higher price tag... thats what I like in a car.

"No need" for a 2 door family car?

So why does the Accord Coupe sell so well? The G6 Coupe? Camry Solara (convertible coupe)? And almost every small family car on the market is also available in Coupe form. Coupes versions of otherwise 4-door cars are very strong sellers thesedays. As long as Ford can get into the market with minimal increase in price, or even less price, there is a definite market for the car.

A very significant number of mid-size sedans are sold to people who don't need the "family" part of the "family sedan". They just like a larger car with a little room in the back when it's needed. Having it be a little difficult to get back there is secondary. Both my cars are 4-doors but I have no need for them. Every person I know with no kids has a 4-door sedan, most buying it because they liked the car, not because it had 4-doors.

A mild performance bonus with a Coupe model is a nice addition (like, before this year, the 6-speed MTX only available on the V6 Accord Coupe), but not necessary for good sales. The people who bought an Accord Coupe were not swayed by the addition of the 6-Speed MTX.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1621773 08/02/06 11:16 PM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
FORD, wake up and put the damn 6 speed/LSD in the Fusion w/ the 3.0L V6 sedan and coupe and while your at it, a tasteful bodykit, well bolstered seats, Euro suspension, larger brakes and 18's I don't care if you slap the "ST" badge on, just build the damn thing...NOW!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#1621774 08/03/06 12:07 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
The point is that selling to the car enthusiast and making that niche happy will buy you sales in the general market. Enthusiasts not only tend to trade more often than the average car buyer, but we also influence the purchases of numerous other people.

It is an investment in your product to sell to the automotive enthusiast.

The coupe market is for specialty coupes in this size class. Bring back the Thunderbird on a Five Hundred platform to appeal to those buing Solaras and such.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
#1621775 08/03/06 01:04 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
What you said. Ford's new interest in the small to midsize vehicle range plus a low stock price is why I buying Ford stock up!

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)
#1621776 08/03/06 01:11 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
The point is that selling to the car enthusiast and making that niche happy will buy you sales in the general market. Enthusiasts not only tend to trade more often than the average car buyer, but we also influence the purchases of numerous other people .

It is an investment in your product to sell to the automotive enthusiast.

Exactly, I can say it was the fact that a buddy of mine had an CSVT that led me to consider my tour. Without his car, I would have never gave the contour a look period.

Just look at what the special addition and GT models of the Stang do!

The coupe, if cost effective, could open a lot of doors for people that would not otherwise consider Ford. Especially if they add a HO edition.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard