Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Derk-xB:

Wait...why so cheap? That's a $4,000+ bike.

I can understand $1000 for a bike - but 4k is simply ridiculous. Unless you're trying to become lance armstrong or something.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
I would definately buy that if i were you. I myself dont do a whole lot of cycling, but my father does and my brother is really in to it and he is actually trying to become the next Lance Armstrong(hes a very good cyclist, my brother that is). He just got a brand new Trek Madone for free cause his 5900 had cracks in the frame so with the lifetime warranty they actually upgraded the bike. Its the one with the aero package and all. For $1500 that is a steal. My dad has the carbon version of it and he loves it. If your really into cycling i would get it. Oh and about the $4k for a bike being a lot, my brother's new bike is over $5000. Cycling is a very expensive sport.

Last edited by ilive4sports; 07/27/06 03:13 AM.

Proud owner of a T-red 1998 Ford Contour SVT http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2378985 Dad:2000 Ford Mustang GT and a Ford F-250 Mom:2003 Lincoln Aviator Brother:2002 Ford Focus notice a pattern?
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by ilive4sports:
Oh and about the $4k for a bike being a lot, my brother's new bike is over $5000. Cycling is a very expensive sport.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I am a little worried about the crank size. I have ridden this bike in a large already, but not the 175mm crank. Not too sure the length of the one I rode, stock, whatever that is. Hopefully its not too big of a difference. Hopefully Derk can offer some advice.

I am just now getting into the sport. I love mountain biking, not affraid of dropping some coin there. I've ridden "some" road and just looking to get my own ride instead of borrowing. Hell, its time to make a splash. A rather big one at that.

Side note: I just cracked my NRS1 this past evening on an XC trail, not my idea of a fun walk/run back.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Sad news, I think someone was trying to school me. This doesn't seem like a legit deal anymore after doing some research.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Get a Huffy... I have a Huffy... I think we paid no more than $100 for it brand new. It did swell on the bike paths the other day... Matter of fact, I havn't rode it in about 3 years since I've had a car... And put air in the tires, it's like a brand new bike. All gears shifted fine, and rode smoothly. Paying extra for a bike is pointless IMO... But then again... They both do the same to me, but that's me

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I was once told by a tri-athelete (with a $7000 bike) that you should take the amount of miles you ride in a year, convert to dollars and spend around that amount for a bike.

Rick 98 Red CSVT #6 of 6535 Born Nov. 12, 1996 02 Jeep Liberty Limited 79 Datsun 280ZX w/ 355sbc
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by TaurusKev:
Get a Huffy... I have a Huffy... I think we paid no more than $100 for it brand new. It did swell on the bike paths the other day... Matter of fact, I havn't rode it in about 3 years since I've had a car... And put air in the tires, it's like a brand new bike. All gears shifted fine, and rode smoothly. Paying extra for a bike is pointless IMO... But then again... They both do the same to me, but that's me

Thanks for the advice!

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
$1200 to 1500 would be my limit on a good road bike and that is a good road bike. Heck I have $1000 easily into my mt. bike w/ cost of bike and a few extras. It is no where the caliber of that bike. I should post a pic of my Peugeot.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
That is a pretty nice bike, sucks that the deal wasn't legit. Usually if its too good to be true its not really true though.

I just recently bought a Haro V2 Mountain bike and although that is only $350 or so, you can easily tell the difference between that and a Huffy. If I had the money I would have got something nicer and lighter, but I have to live within my means.

2001 Volvo S40-Perrin MBC@ 11psi, EST intake, 35% tint, still slow
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard