Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Miami Wice number one new show!
But really aren't people sick of the movie studios doing this crap with every single movie.

BTW I'm putting 50 dollars on them remaking knight rider, double or nothing the Hoff won't be in it. any takers?

98 Contour GL 4 cyl 131,000 miles - 57,000 w/o a CEL! Get Firefox
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by kev.fitz:
Miami Wice number one new show!
But really aren't people sick of the movie studios doing this crap with every single movie.

BTW I'm putting 50 dollars on them remaking knight rider, double or nothing the Hoff won't be in it. any takers?

Same producer, same feel. I don't mind the same creative team being behind this... it'll be good.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by bishop375:
What really amazes me is how much of it is still Michael Mann's style now. All of the car camera work, interior and exterior, is easily visible in Heat and Collateral, and I'm willing to bet in MV the movie.

Im soo exited about the movie, Michael mann is one of my favorite film makers. Is attention to detail with characters is one of the best. The best thing about the movie is its filmed entirely in high def. So all the amazing shots of LA at night(in colateral) Miami beach is goona look jaw dropping. I think this is gonna be right up there with Heat, as some of the best action dramas.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
For anyone interested, Sleuth is running a M.V. marathon right now. It's channel 308 on DirecTV.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
yeah i've been watching all day. new fav channel.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
I've probably seen that pilot and every other episode 5 times. I remember staying up Friday night to watch it. And I taped it when I wasn't home.

FWIW the plotline of Calderon killing Tubbs' brother was continued in the 2-hour opener to season 2, wherein Tubbs goes to NY to track him down.

Mann has ripped himself off quite a bit... Heat was more or less a high-budget remake of a made-for-TV movie he had done a few years prior - but I'm certainly a fan.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
<-- Complete Vice fan. The cars, the boats, the planes, the guns, the music and THE WOMEN!

Favorite episode was when some screwball took one last drive in a Porsche 962 and killed himself rather than man up.

When Crockett got the white TR too! He was complaining about showing up to 6 figure deals in a red pick up looking like Lil' Abner. Edward James Olomos thows him the keys and says the replacement is out back.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Yesterday there was an episode guest starring ted nugent, who was driving a really nicely done black vette. He buried some dude in his really nice 911 too.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by TGO:
i'm pretty sure the black daytona was also a corvette fake - but they did fix that eventually!

Correct. The Daytona Spyder was a glass Ferrari body over a Corvette frame. The TR's were the real deal. When Ferrari caught wind of the shows popularity, it offered up two of its just introduced Testarossa's for the show. The shows creators wrote the plotline to have a dealer blow up Crockett's car and then he gets his "replacement" Ferrari. One of the two TR's was used for the outside shots, and the other was cut up a bit to rig camera's for the inside/action shots.

-Todd (who is like a kid on CHristmas eve waiting for the new movie)

Very few of life's problems can not be solved with the reasonable application of more horsepower!
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by Trapps:
Favorite episode was when some screwball took one last drive in a Porsche 962 and killed himself rather than man up.

That was an awesome one. The "Miami Grand Prix" episode. Danny Sullivan guest-starred... I think he had won the Indy 500 that year. The guy who drives the Porsche into the wall was Sullivan's father in the show. He had been picking up hookers in a Porsche 908 and killing them.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard