Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
whenever i hit up the junkyard i leave with a pocketfull of fuses...

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
sounds a little risky to go for the y-pipe , i would concentrate on the duals ! get a cherrybomb at CanadianTire for the centre-pipe , it's 20%off now & has a niiice deep sound & do-not believe the talk about it blowing out ... mine is still the same sound !

is this the SAME car that was gutted ?

does that mean it has NO engine & NO dipstick cuz i really would like that part !

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by m4gician:
ill grab the skirts and sneak small parts in my bag D: i don't want them making 100% profit on stuff they shouldn't be charging for.

seriously, if you can. Grab the SVT body kit as a whole it would be REALLY worth it.

And the UIM and LIM will sell for like 350 bucks at least.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
do you really need a dipstick? LOL any duratec engine can get you that D: especially from the yard.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Make sure you grab the main cat, don't worry about the y-pipe, SVT y-pipe and non-svt are identical, unless you see that its been optimized...

The SVT main cat is 2.25" and non-SVT is 2"... If you're grabbing it, might as well get that.

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Oh and grab it quickly b/c If i go insane and just not give a damn i'll go and get the parts for myself b/c i know where this car is located, so hurry hurry hurry lol.

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by m4gician:
really it's that easy? I mean so installation of it would be that easy as well? Well I mean I'd have to fabricate my own hook (pfft>.) but reallly is that all it is? Man if I had know n it was anything like that easy I would've done it yesterday when I was out to change the ATF.

NO!!!!! The bolts will be rusty beyond belief and fused on there from constant heating and cooling. You will most likley strip the nut. I had to get these things that have some funky pattern to the inside of the socket that pulls it onto the nut the tighter you turn it and that combined with a at least 2ft long torque wrench (I was at the local tech school, they got everything there!) and my leg pushing the thing got it off, amazingly I didn't break off the nut!! Others might have have better luck with this and I will admit this is a little biased as I am still bitter from my fights with these bolts.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Big Jim:
I don't remember the bolt size for the cat flange.

15mm. Just installed one tonight, broke the other one.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard