Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I was watching Mad Max 2 with a bunch of friends, and it seems like that's where the world is heading. At the very least, it isn't so far fetched

If war continues to break out at the currant rate and Jesse James and his Monster Garage crew got a bit hard up because the lack of women and fuel, I can easily see them roaming around the desert looking for sources for fuel in the same mannor

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I only hope so! This planet needs a cleansing. The way mankind is going I'm fairly sure the earth is getting ready to get an enema. And it will squirt us out like bad ca-ca! A thousand years and the planet will heal itself completely (cherynobl)SP? and start fresh.

Jim T.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by jthursby:
I only hope so! This planet needs a cleansing. The way mankind is going I'm fairly sure the earth is getting ready to get an enema. And it will squirt us out like bad ca-ca! A thousand years and the planet will heal itself completely (cherynobl)SP? and start fresh.

Jim T.

So your idea of the world healing itself is with a nuclear meltdown that wipes out every manner of life in it's path for years, save for cockroaches?

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I hope it gets like that because I wanna be able to cruize around in a Mach I Mustang with a S/C-er that you can turn on and off like A/C

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Hey, it was futuristic, that's what we could be headed for was part of the point.

Maybe then "The Ayatollah of RockandRollah" Lord Humongous could be on some wrestling smackdown show. Doncha just love that scene in Mad Max I (Road Warrior) with the bad guy handcuffed to the burning tanker, and Max throws him a hacksaw, it will take 10 minutes to saw through the metal but only 5 minutes to go through bone...

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
i hope it goes in that direction instead of that Kevin Coster movie where the world is covered in water...

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I think we're already headed to Mad Max 2 territory. Especially the bit from the intro

"My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos. Ruined dreams. This wasted land. But most of all, I remember The Road Warrior. The man we called "Max". To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time. When the world was powered by the black fuel. And the desert sprouted great cities of pipe and steel. Gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten, two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing. They built a house of straw. The thundering machines sputtered and stopped. Their leaders talked and talked and talked. But nothing could stem the avalanche. Their world crumbled. The cities exploded. A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men. On the roads it was a white line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Max. The warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again..."

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by DanMyers:
Originally posted by jthursby:

Jim T.

So your idea of the world healing itself is with a nuclear meltdown that wipes out every manner of life in it's path for years, save for cockroaches?

No dummy, I meant that it will take 600 to 1,000 years to heal that mess!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Quote:

Will the world be like Mad Max 2????

Yeah, as soon as gas hits $3.50/gallon in the US.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998

Link Copied to Clipboard