Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
bleh thanks for your help. I do try a small amount of searching before I attempt these things, however I'd like to be sure sometimes thats all. I mean next time I'll be more extensive in my searching because if from your replies, if someone has DONE something I want to do, then there's probably instructions on how to do it somewhere on this board.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Now you're learning! I've spent hours on top of hours searching and reading. There is a TON of useful info. The more you search, the better you'll get at it, and you'll see more results in a shorter time period.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ZomzSVT:
could it be possible to bake/cut them similiar to the headlights and seperate the lenses from the housing, do the modifications to the lens and the insides, and seal them back up?

Both Milan and ExDelayed have done this. They opened up the housings to retrofit LEDs. I believe they both cut the housings where the lenses meet. I dont know if baking would be the right choice since i believe that the lenses are acrylic.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by amarv12:
could it be possible to bake/cut them similiar to the headlights and seperate the lenses from the housing, do the modifications to the lens and the insides, and seal them back up?

Both Milan and ExDelayed have done this. They opened up the housings to retrofit LEDs. I believe they both cut the housings where the lenses meet. I dont know if baking would be the right choice since i believe that the lenses are acrylic.

yes, cutting is a much better way to go IMO. get yourself a dremel and start triming it away, and take your time!

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by amarv12:

Alright, I see now. From this picture though, it seemed as if they both kept the lenses intact, and cut open the back.. which in my opinion would be harder to close back up, thats why I asked.

98 Black Contour SVT #1273 Born the 23rd of June, 1997
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Don't get me wrong, I spend hours at night before I go to bed an dwhen I wake up just searching through Aesthetics, Maintenence and Performance. I've done almost all the mods with How-tos and pictures. I've taken my totally stock Mystique into something I can be a little happier driving, I thank CEG for all their generous help so far and I apologize to those I've offended by bringing up posts that are already there.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard