Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by TRicker:
blackcoog had that thomas knight blower. said it was junk, basically. then they sent him one with a larger compressor and it wouldnt even fit in the car. buy the (newest updated) vortech, or spray on it. gota love that n20

he got it to fit. . .

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Thomas Knight also said that they will only be using the updated compressor because most people going this route already have a 3.0L and need the extra cfm.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Keyser:
A Supra V-160 transmission in good working condition can be had for $3000. You point is still made though.

Do tell!? That made things seem a bit more affordable...in theory.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Quote:

blackcoog had that thomas knight blower. said it was junk, basically. then they sent him one with a larger compressor and it wouldnt even fit in the car. buy the (newest updated) vortech, or spray on it. gota love that n20

I may have been a little too pissed off about the kit not fitting when I talked to you about the kit on Friday. I was able to shim the compressor up a bit so it would fit in the car Saturday. It still has some bugs but I'm slowing working through all of them. I still don't like the pulley setup and it needs a tensioner. If he fixed those issues then it would be much better.

After getting everything worked out I took the car for a drive and it's in need of a tune pretty bad. It's really rich at idle up to 3k and then when the secondaries open up it starts to pull like mad and goes lean. I let off right when it started going lean. I need to get my larger injectors in there and fuel pump and then try it again.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by j99coug:
Originally posted by TRicker:

he got it to fit. . .

Wow you talking trash. lol

He never said it was junk, he said it was perfect for a standard 2.5. It wasn;t pushing enough air for the 3.0. That is why he asked for a larger compressor. Where in his statement does that mean it's junk?

I don;t really like how the kit turned out even though i want to order one. Since it is a new kit we must refrain from talking trash about something till we see some numbers produced and bugs worked out of it.

Tricker are you from neco?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
no, i have a contour, and i live near blackcoog. talked to him at car craft breifly, and heard from the other contour guys he was having problems. i bought a motor from him, etc. i'm DEFINATELY not talking trash to chris, he's the man. thats all i gota say. (lol i almost gave him the tailgate to my dad's beater blazer, thing almost fell off when we put the block on it)

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
Quote:

I may have been a little too pissed off about the kit not fitting when I talked to you about the kit on Friday. I was able to shim the compressor up a bit so it would fit in the car Saturday. It still has some bugs but I'm slowing working through all of them. I still don't like the pulley setup and it needs a tensioner. If he fixed those issues then it would be much better.

After getting everything worked out I took the car for a drive and it's in need of a tune pretty bad. It's really rich at idle up to 3k and then when the secondaries open up it starts to pull like mad and goes lean. I let off right when it started going lean. I need to get my larger injectors in there and fuel pump and then try it again.

I got a standing offer to anyone who wants me to tune their car: Pay for the SCT Code for me to use on your PCM so that I can add it to my PRP, and I will tune your car to run correctly, even if it takes multiple attempts. I figure I can do it in few tune attempts as long as you provide datalogging and A/F data as well as use the correct fuel management components. To add a tune to my PRP it will only cost $200 which is definitely cheaper than a tuning shop does it.
PM me if you or anyone is interested and wants it done.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
wait..... what do you have PRP on? i thought you sold the contour?

eh.............oooooohhhhhh, another one????

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
No, the PRP tuning software is separate and can tune any car for that code. THe XCAL and custom tunes are what go with a car.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard