Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by YaaaarrroTour:
Can somebody please explain to me what "toning" a muscle does to the muscle itself?

toning in essence is the process of becoming more vascular and the muscle showing striations (seing the muscle tissue through the skin). I'll try to explain. What this entails is decreasing the size of the fat cells and water retention under the skin which makes the muscle more pronounced. This of course is assuming that there already is a decent amount of muscle already built. Doing this creates more vascularity and makes the striations in the muscle more visable. Vascularity and striation can be seen if you ever watch a bodybuilding competition. When they flex you can actually see each muscle fiber under the skin. The more vascularity and more striations you have the more toned, shredded you look.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
I have a toned stomach!

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I second the idea of a smaller local gym. I'm paying 99$ a summer for use of the facility and I can honestly say I am getting my moneys worth.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Decepticon:
I have a toned stomach!

No, you have a tuned stomach. Sponsored by hoegaarden

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
you don't need a gym to get in shape. but it does help with the upper edge. i would suggest running 2-3 times a week and doing push-ups and sit-ups 2-3 times a week. of course by doing different varients of the push-up and sit-up is best. after doing this for a few months then start hitting the gym after your muscles get broken down. you must get fully broken down before you can get built up. also on the run days, one day go for distance(minimum of 3 miles) one day do sprints, then go for 2 miles at a fast pace. you will ot see results overnight but give it about 6 months and you will maybe notice a difference in appearance, but you should feel better and at least have more stamina. hope this helps.

Ben

95 SE ATX Electric red mucho mods 2005 Scion xB Black Sand Pearl tinted windows red leather steering wheel US Army Mechanic
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard