okay,

so i took it down to a shop...and this is what I have heard so far.

- compression test = OK

- Valve test/inspection - OK

- CEL codes - po420/430 (precats, had this problem forever)

then they said they were going to check the clutch/transmission and thats where i'm at now. they also mentioned taking apart the engine and getting down into the head. why would they need to do that if the compression test checked out fine?

could it be the harmonic balancer?

the vibration is still there when i disengage the clutch and revv the engine. I have the hard poly mounts and i checked them to make sure i didnt snap a bolt or something and they were fine...the engine doesnt move or jolt at all.

another thing someone mentioned was that i could have stripped the teeth on the engine side of input shaft...but i discredited that because i didnt hear any grinding or experience slippage.

the only other thing that happened as i was driving it to the mechanic is that the engine started making a clicking sound from the belt/pulley side of the engine that was RPM sensitive. It sounded like it was coming from the upper half of the engine (cant verify this for sure)

i dont know exactly how high i revved it because it happened so quickly but i think it was at least to 8k rpm because i was going about 75-80 trying to pass someone.

i dont even know how it was possible to put it in second so easily (relatively speaking, i didnt repeatedly try to jam it into that gear)...

Last edited by superrandomguy; 07/19/06 06:55 PM.