Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
This, folks, is the perfect example of how I am able to earn a damn good living at doing what I do and I am willing to bet a lot of "techies" can relate...

Now, if I could just convince Congress to be their personal IT Architect and tutor on technology for a nice 7-figure sum a year, I'd be set.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by JaTo:

Now, if I could just convince Congress to be their personal IT Architect and tutor on technology for a nice 7-figure sum a year, I'd be set.

Send in a proposal, I bet they bite. Just make sure you can fix all of their internets. Oh, and make sure you dont mix up the commercial internet tubes with the personal or DOD tubes. That could cause a lot of problems.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Need an assistant?

I can't tell you how many internets I've worked on. Home, commercial, user, business. All of them.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
How many internets are their now? They seem to be popping out like baby rabbits!

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Are there internets in the caves in Iraq? how do they get the tubes there? Are they compatible with house internets?

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
derr
He needs Al Gore to edumacate him.

After all, he did invent the internet.

He never said that.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Actually, there may be multiple internets.

Internet is just a term that means interconnected networks. Kinda like interstate highways, highways that traverse more than one state.

(Well, with the exception of Hawaii's interstate, but that's another federal government boondoggle.)

So I'm sure there are classified DOD internets that are seperate from the internet that you and I get at our home from ISPs.

Some of what I read was just silly. Other things were just abstractions and metaphors that are commonly used.

PS, can someone put the internet on a floppy for me, I lost my copy? Or do I need something bigger like a CD or DVD?

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:
derr

He never said that.

Then what does this mean?

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by EternalOne:
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:
derr

He never said that.

Then what does this mean?

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

E1

I've always wondered about it, and finllay looked it up at snopes

With that said, he's still a dipshit, and actually if one entity could claim they 'invented' the internet it would be, well, find that out yourself.

Ryan Trollin!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BOFH:
Actually, there may be multiple internets.

So I'm sure there are classified DOD internets that are seperate from the internet that you and I get at our home from ISPs.

NIPRNet

SIPRNet

JWICS

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard