Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
You are entirely incorrect.

Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Pete, your side has more beading, no doubt about it, but are you telling me theres something wrong with water "Rasheed-ing" off

Yes. Common accepted principle amongst detailers. You want small, tight beads.

I don't do this per say, but alot of people are of the belief that taking off the nozel and letting the water wash away the soap so it "Rasheeds" off is a good thing

- You are comparing apples to oranges. Jim's first pictures are on an unwashed surface to test for presence of wax - it has nothing to do with washing or soap. He tested on an unwashed surface so the test would not contaminated by the chemicals in the car wash soap.

- Jim conducted the test correctly by spraying the water up and letting it falls onto the car. This simulates rain.

- As I stated before, the after wash shots are not indicative of how much (if any wax) is left. (See previous posts).

Its all a matter of opinion for some people Pete and look at it like this, its raining out and then the sun comes out, do you want all that beading or the water to "Rasheed" off , thus leaving little or NO chance of water spots!

Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

It is not opinion and "how people look at it".

Sheeting off? Look at the bumper on the carnauba side. It's a vertical surface and yet the water is jsut sitting there. There is no wax.

- Simple test -
Spray water onto a freshly waxed surface. What does it do? It beads.
Spray water onto an old, unwaxed surface such as my 95 Mystique which has never seen wax and what happens? The water pools / sits on the surface / sheets off. Just like the carnauba side in the picture above.

- Compare the roof to the hood and rear bumper. Why is the roof still beading and the hood and rear bumper not beading anymore? Shouldn't they be the same? It's because the carnauba is gone on the hood and bumper via evaopration, washing, heat, etc.

- In comparison from what I can tell from the pictures, the synthetic side is consistent throughout every surface.

Sorry Roger, but you're reaching and coming up with excuses for carnauba to be something it is not. For durability, carnauba can't touch synthetic - period.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
jim thanks for the update, its very intresting to see...aand now we know why pete won the contest

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I would never get a car dry by just letting it sit, regardless of the product used (unless it was a POS car I didn't care about). Same thing when I get out of the shower. Air dry or sun drying is not fun.

blowdry or wipe dry ftw

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

Sorry Roger, but you're reaching and coming up with excuses for carnauba to be something it is not. For durability, carnauba can't touch synthetic - period.

Owned.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
When and where in the hell did I say that caranuba was better than syn/acrylics I added caranuba to the mix to give the car a more deep shine, thats it! Maybe thats why the beads aren't as tight. As I'm SURE you know Pete, caranuba adds depth, something "Z" or Klasse can't do because of what their made of.

With all the quotes Pete, are you trying to make me look bad I didn't see any of this coming, other than when we were working on the car at SZ and I looked over to see something or another you were doing and you covered something up. I've been PM'd by several members here in the CEG (will not reveal who they are) but its a general consensous your "Moses" or something in this matter. I just told them that Pete is very CONFIDENT and not arrogant in this matter and I'd appreciate the same kind of respect thrown my way

FWIW, heres a pre-wash wetting down of a mini-van I did back in early April. I invited this customer over today for a free wash/vac/spray waxing of his ride.

And afterwards...

Angry Catfish

Before this gets WAY out of hand I get PM's by people cursing me out again lets do this, next year, get an outside source to judge your cars finish against mine With an outside source theres no favorites or shoe-in's, how about it Pete

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
When and where in the hell did I say that caranuba was better than syn/acrylics .

I did not say you were saying that. You are coming up with reasons why the carnauba side is not beading anymore and I gave the real reasons why.

As I'm SURE you know Pete, caranuba adds depth, something "Z" or Klasse can't do because of what their made of.

I personally cannot tell the difference side-by-side between carnauba and a synthetic. I've done 1/2 carnauba and 1/2 synthetic on dark colored cars and had people look at it to tell me they couldn't tell a color difference between the halves. <shrug>

With all the quotes Pete, are you trying to make me look bad

Not at all Roger. I'm just pointing out what the "real deal" is. If you re-read my previous post, I explain why the carnauba side is "sheeting" as you put it.

I didn't see any of this coming, other than when we were working on the car at SZ and I looked over to see something or another you were doing and you covered something up.

I have no idea what that means....

I've been PM'd by several members here in the CEG (will not reveal who they are) but its a general consensous your "Moses" or something in this matter.

If me providing my detailing knowledge and passing on what I discover/learn is a problem with anyone, then they have a lot of growing up to do. PMing to badmouth someone behind their backs is as high school as you can get. I thought CEG was supposed to be a place for sharing information and learning. What does that make guys that know engines and cars like Stazi, warmonger, todras, etc.? Do they get badmouthed for their knowledge and sharing/helping CEGers?

...lets do this, next year, get an outside source to judge your cars finish against mine With an outside source theres no favorites or shoe-in's, how about it Pete

Two different cars is no basis for comparison. I didn't really see anything wrong with this year's comeptition. The ideal thing would be to detail the car behind closed doors and then let the public judge.

I just told them that Pete is very CONFIDENT and not arrogant in this matter and I'd appreciate the same kind of respect thrown my way

My post was not meant to disrespect you in any way - it was purely intended to correct many statements you have made. I don't think we've ever had any issues between us over the 5+ years on CEG. I have the utmost respect for your attention to detail and ability to make a car shine. I do however feel it's important that CEGers be provided the most accurate information possible. If I'm wrong someplace and anyone corrects me, I wouldn't look at it as a personal attack.

Here's carnauba on my roof. It beads when it's there:

Fresh carnauba on a test car. Tight beads. As it begins to evaporate, rubbed off by washing, etc. the beads lose tightness. When it begins pooling and sheeting off, it's gone. Carnauba last 4-8 weeks on a daily driver.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
This post is really not fair because Zaino will out last any carnuba. Looking at the post you can clearly see that the Carnuba has burned off but you all have to remember that the driver side still has the protection of the Klasse. I have used Klasse on my car and it just does not bead like a carnuba would. Now, that does not mean that the car is not still protected.

Looking at the first picture you can see the water has indeed "ran-off" somewhere. On a unprotected car you would not get any sheeting action at all. The water would actually form puddles on the paint. If you can picture that.

Last edited by Antonio Wright; 07/09/06 10:57 PM.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I just want to add that is seems that Roger used Klasse Sealent Glaze. I was under the impression he used the All in One. Well, as you can see the sealent glaze ON ITS OWN is not going to hold up very well.

Klasse Sealent glaze is meant to work with Klasse AIO as a system. That is why you are able to get 6 months of durabilty out of the two products together.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Spring Zing 07

Kev and I vs. Mr. GTO

Petes Zaino vs Klasse twins and P21S.....

I'll do it, with the carnuba touch...

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard