Next Thread
Print Thread
V
vincom Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
V
i read that autozone howto on changing the mount, http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/d3/e2/0900823d801bd3e2.jsp,
someone posted that its an easy job, you got to be kidding me, sure dont look easy, i'm pretty sure the mount needs to be replaced.
is there a howto on this board ?

canadian, 98 mystique LS sport 2.5L atx 98 contour se 2.0 L atx 00 300m
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
depends on which mount you are speaking of... If its the front one next to the radiator... better have small hands, if its the roll resistor under the car... Easy, if its the driver side trannie mount below the air box, easy... as for the engine mount on the passenger side... You got me there, I have never had to deal with one... If rust wasnt an issue I bet it would be pretty easy, just lift the engine a little with a floor jack and a soft piece of wood so it takes tension off the mounts, then have it them... ALWAYS have a big ass can of PB blaster, and spray the bolts about an hour prior to working on them, helps a lot.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
V
vincom Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
V
its pertaining to rough idle in the 2.0 L atx engines, several threads state that it could the tranny/engine mount, i read the autozone howto and i just realized that it was for the removal of the whole transaxle not just the mount, i copied a step relating to the moumts from autozone

1. "Remove the upper transaxle support insulator bracket mounting nuts. Remove the three bolts retaining the upper transaxle support insulator to the inner fenderwell and remove the insulator."

where is this one located, is it the roll resistor that you mentioned, and how many mounts are there in total for the 2.0L, 3 of them?
i have the haynes manual for my other car, 98 mystique LS 2.5 atx, just have to find it, that bugger been pretty reliable and havent had to use it(the manual) for a while

canadian, 98 mystique LS sport 2.5L atx 98 contour se 2.0 L atx 00 300m

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard