Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
My Dad replaced the MLPS switch on his 1993 Mercury Sable transmission, reverse gear was intermittent. The new switch fixed it. The Contour has the same type of switch, fails often.

D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
I had the same problem with my 1997 2.0L. When going to second gear the rpms rise and it takes 4 seconds to get into second gear and then goes right into 3rd gear. The tranny person found the 2-3 band cracked at the band end. It cost me 950 dollars for the overhaul. If you need to see a picture, I can take one.

N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
I started a new subject thread named "98' 2.5L stalls won't remain running after jump" since the behavior of my Contour has suddenly changed again after this subject was started. Take a look at the newer subject.

I'll go back to the posibility of a bad transmission or the other sensors mentioned in this thread if replacing the Crankshaft Position Sensor(CKP) suggested by Chongo doesn't resolve the additional problems I'm experiencing now.

N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
I wish to thank everyone who helped me with the issues on my '98 Contour. The problems are still not yet resolved, but I have instead financed a slick black 2005 Ford Focus as a replacement vehicle. The look with aluminum sport wheels is amazing. Its like a 500 but better :-)

Any suggestions as to the best way to sell my '98 Contour (ebaymotors, autotrader, etc...) would be helpful as I did not use it as a trade-in at the dealer.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Nesaukee:
Any suggestions as to the best way to sell my '98 Contour (ebaymotors, autotrader, etc...) would be helpful as I did not use it as a trade-in at the dealer.

Our classifieds?
http://www.contour.org/classifieds/

As many places as possible. Better to have more exposure when trying to sell.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Your local newspaper might work, be upfront about the car's issues. The stalling might actually just be a bad battery or wiring at the battery if you are lucky.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard