Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by elraido:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:
Ha....you need to go read in the EGL forum.

Bulls are definitely making some noise.

still not nearly as good as heat, spurs, mavs, suns, clippers, pisons, cavs. Bulls still have a LOOOOOONG way to go yet.

Not that LOOOOOONG a way to go. They weren't about to stop with just the Wallace signing. They also got rid of Chandler for PJ Brown and Smith from NO. And I have a feeling Paxson's not done dealing. The Bulls got much better than they were last year with these trades which should help them get farther into the playoffs than they did. And at the same time they made Detroit a lot weaker. They also had a very good draft. Look out for the Bulls.

1998.5 SVT I'm working on it. WTB 2.0L Contique.
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Tyrus Thomas should be able to help them. If you ask me, he's the x-factor for them in the upcoming season. P.J. Brown had the worst year of his career last year, so you've gotta hope he can average at least double-digit points for you, 'cause you know you're not gonna get it from Wallace. That move, IMO, was made because his contract is up next summer and that's it. He's a marginally better scorer than Chandler is. J.R. Smith isn't a guy that likes to be coached, so I don't anticipate him being around too long because that'll fly with Skiles for about a month. He's a hell of a talent but he butted heads with Byron Scott in New Orleans big-time. For them to give up on a 20-year old kid that quick doesn't look too good for him.

While the signing of Wallace and getting rid of Chandler and his bloated-ass contract were good moves, I don't think this turns the Bulls into the conference favorite just yet. You still have Miami, Detroit, Cleveland and NJ to contend with. They've definitely made themselves better but I wouldn't set aside money for NBA Finals tickets just yet.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
By the time the rest of the team develops and starts to become their best, Ben Wallace and PJ Brown are going to be old in a league being dominated by young players!

Don't get me wrong, I wish the Pistons could have kept Ben Wallace, but I'm not SO disappointed that he is gone. He was starting to grow kind of an ego and turning into a cry-baby. Earlier in his career, I didn't see him complaining about every call, or pouting because he didn't get enough touches on offense. I feel like he started to think he could do more than he really can. I will miss him because he was great in the years he was a Piston, and I hope he is still an effective player in Chicago, just not as effective

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I'm looking forward to seeing Wallace in a Bulls uniform. Will be a bit wierd for everyone at first. Maybe similar to when Rodman came here. Bulls Pistons rivalry should be more competetive and fun to watch next year.

1998.5 SVT I'm working on it. WTB 2.0L Contique.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard