F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by Rara:
Worst mod, definately Kim .

gah!
sadly, I can't argue.
Sometimes I wonder why I don't lose my CI mod priveleges.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
"
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
"
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by Derk-xB:
Pro-M MAF

x2

2nd worse mod.. MAF calibrator, to try and correct the Pro-M MAF. Needless to say, I went back to my stock SVT MAF and sent back the junk.

Mark

What was wrong with the MAf?

1999 Mercury Mystique LS 3L Manual
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Gimmiky pilot foglights with color-changing "halos". Always burning out or not working for some reason or another.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Worst mod... was the first mod... purple crush velvet interior... I'm so sorry, now I can't get rid of it kuz that is what I am known for...

EGPLNT:MY 95' SE MTX SVT *200,000 MILE CLUB* 6/06/06 - 201,000 MILES
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
Worst mod... was the first mod... purple crush velvet interior... I'm so sorry, now I can't get rid of it kuz that is what I am known for...

Jus' for you blu:

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Bike2112:
Does it really matter?

To me, it doesn't really matter. I'm not trying to call you out. I was just curious as to how you came to the conclusion that it was the precat gutting that caused the engine to go.

It could have been from precat dust or something else.

You don't know 100% what the reason was for the motor going. I'm just questioning, because I'd hate to see a bunch of people avoid mods because someone assumed it was the cause of failure. Honestly, these motors can go, just like that. Mine went at 52k miles, with no warning signs. No oil light, no sweeping right turns, it just started knocking out of nowhere.

Mark

my engine went after sitting in the garage for 3 days...figure that out

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by JeSuS iS LoRD:
Does it really matter?

To me, it doesn't really matter. I'm not trying to call you out. I was just curious as to how you came to the conclusion that it was the precat gutting that caused the engine to go.

It could have been from precat dust or something else.

You don't know 100% what the reason was for the motor going. I'm just questioning, because I'd hate to see a bunch of people avoid mods because someone assumed it was the cause of failure. Honestly, these motors can go, just like that. Mine went at 52k miles, with no warning signs. No oil light, no sweeping right turns, it just started knocking out of nowhere.

Mark

my engine went after sitting in the garage for 3 days...figure that out

That's it. From now on, I'm leaving her on the driveway.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard