Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
sorry to hear about that my heart sank a little today to i know its been said that the traid in value for one of out cars is low but i went to kelley blue book trade in value for my car today and it was about 650.00

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Hope you get her fixed man, sad to see something happened to such an amazing car.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
hate to see that for anyone-- none the less, i didn't think plymouth and farmington was too bad of an intersection (of course, every intersection is bad when people run lights)--- but i live about 5-7 minutes from there, so i'd know-- hope everything works out in your favor, just remember, a totaled car can be forgotten and replaced... a life cannot

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Oh man... Such a nice 3L svt
Good to hear that you are ok, now buy it back and find another svt with a blown engine to swap your parts in !
From what I saw lately you can find a nice one for next to nothing !

1999 CSVT - 104000kms, Black/tan RU-3530, 17" Rage Enduro, Hella Optilux fogs BAT kit on its way ! 1997 Contour gl sport Zetec mtx SVT Shocks and Struts No resonator SPEC stage 1 clutch
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
That sucks man. Looks like it was hit pretty hard. Start planning for the worse . On the other hand, I have a Ranger for sale..

Or if it gets fixed, I have a hood. Your color. Let me know.

Last edited by livinsvt; 06/22/06 05:54 AM.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
you guys consider that totalled? Geez, mine was MUCH worse then that and I was able to fix it myself. I will buy it from you, so I can finally have a SVT.
BEFORE

AFTER

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Dude, that totally sucks. It does look like it's pretty tweaked -- the whole front is skewed towards the driver's side. Man...

Like someone else said -- what's with all the cars getting hit lately? And at least two have been just repaired/rebuilt weeks before! Stupid/careless/reckless people shouldn't drive.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I agree. The front end looks pushed over pretty good. Glad you weren't hurt. It sucks to see these SVT's getting wrecked. I hope the best for ya

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVT:
This:

It happened today at about 8:15 a.m. (at the intersection of Plymouth and Farmington for the fellow SEMI'ers). I know the pics are crappy but I only had a camera phone with me. I was making a left and a kid ran the red light and hit me . We're both ok, and the airbags didn't go off or anything, but I fear the car is going to be totalled. Fortunately there was a witness (who was behind him right before the accident) who stopped to help me out, and the police ended up making him at fault and gave him a ticket for running a red light.

It's such a shame. I just got the car running again not even 2 months ago after I was without it for roughly 9 months. I had blown the original 2.5L engine and swapped in a 3L with all the goodies, and have barely gotten to enjoy it . I have so many thoughts going through my head, on top of being sad/mad/disappointed/upset/frustrated all at the same time. I almost teared up when I watched my car get towed away severely wounded.

I really really hope it'll get fixed, because I have no idea what I would do. If it gets totalled I might try to buy the car back and at least get the engine and trans out of it. I don't want a new car because I just paid off the CSVT literally 2 weeks ago and don't want more monthly payments. Anyways, I guess it's just time to sit and wait for the insurance to call with the verdict on my car

I know kinda exactly how you are feeling. I had just supercharged my GTi VR6 (www.vf-engineering.com if interested)so it was running 280 at the crank. No more than 3 weeks after I got it running perfectly did I total it.

Only difference? My fault. Still haunts me and it was almost two years ago.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
OUCH!!!! so so sorry i have the same feelings as everyone else....why in the WORLD are all these svt's being wrecked???? seems like there's another force trying to put us out of commission! at first glance it doesn't look so bad....but for your sake i hope you can at least get the goodies out of it. if i didn't owe so much on my car i'd sell you mine

*~Bonnie~* 2000 CSVT, Amazon Green, built 2/?/00 135K and counting!!!!
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
CSVT, because like an orphan, someone has to take care of them.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard