Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Ok so tonight I got pulled over for doing 5 MPH over and long story short, ended up getting a ticket for window tint. Now I got a warning about too dark of window tint like a month ago and I had a week to take it off. Well I liked my window tint so I wanted to just leave it on and say [censored] it. Lucky me tonight the exact same trooper pulled me over and ended up giving me a ticket for it this time. Now I know the "right" thing to do would be to take the tint off and pay the ticket but my question for you guys is what might I be able to do tomorrow or within a few days to possibly get out of the ticket? Can I bring a receipt saying tint has been taken off and get me out of paying? If there isn't any way hell I'll pay the darn ticket but if there is a way what?

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
call your local pd and ask them . . .

and take off the tint - or tint it to a legal limit . . .

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Tour_Racer00:
Can I bring a receipt saying tint has been taken off and get me out of paying? If there isn't any way hell I'll pay the darn ticket but if there is a way what?

just pay the ticket, jackass. don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
usually repair order tickets you have to go somewhere and get someone to sign off saying the problem is fixed, usually certain shops can do it and any police department can. but honestly, when you got illegal % tint, you knew it wouldn't last forever didn't you? if you love it that much, pay the fine, get it removed, and get it redone. otherwise

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Did you get a "fix it ticket?" I'm assuming so. There are two choices because you have to get rid of the ticket.
1) If you pay the ticket you dont have to take it off. But you may just get caught again and get another ticket.
3) Otherwise you have the option of taking off the tint and stopping by your local PD that wrote the ticket. They will inspect your vehicle and void out the ticket so you don't have to pay anything.

I got pulled over for this and got a ticket back fresh out of HS in my black on black Probe with I think it was 10% tint all around, The "rent-a-cop" was an ass and and the whole town was sick of him. But there was nothing I could do about it. I took the tint off my front windows and had that part of the ticket written off. But there was no way I was going to pull the tint off my huge back window and destroy my defrosting strips. So I paid that part of the ticket off.
Needless to say a couple of months later the same temp cop pulled me over for something else that was not illegal and complete BS (long story, involving the officer fabricating parts of his version). I was supposed to go to court and had all kinds of evidence and an 50 signature petition against the city for what I was pulled over for (again, long story) In the end, the city attorney caught wind of the case I was building against the city. He got scared because of the potential damage I could do and called me up and offered to drop all charges and offer an offical apology from the city. I accepted and the Next thing I knew the Officer was kicked off the force.

I CELEBRATED BY RE-TINTING MY FRONT WINDOWS. Never had an issue again.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by Tour_Racer00:
Can I bring a receipt saying tint has been taken off and get me out of paying? If there isn't any way hell I'll pay the darn ticket but if there is a way what?

just pay the ticket, jackass. don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

I have to agree. You knew the tint was illegal, but you had to be a "pimp" and say screw it, I ain't doing what da man says. Why did you put that dark of tint of there if it was illegal anyway. That was just dumb

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Either pay it or remove the tint. There aren't too man options, and hell, it's just a tint ticket, not like you get points from it.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Tint laws are another example of an overreaching government that cannot mind their own business, but you're stuck with the two options stated before.

What's your %? Noone has ever busted my chops over my 35% tint.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Honed Diva:
Tint laws are another example of an overreaching government that cannot mind their own business, but you're stuck with the two options stated before.

it has to do with police safety. imagine a cop walking up to a car and tapping on the window he couldn't see through, and the whole time the driver was aiming a sawed off shotgun at him, and pulls the trigger. overreaching gov't? not this time

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
Originally posted by Honed Diva:

it has to do with police safety. imagine a cop walking up to a car and tapping on the window he couldn't see through, and the whole time the driver was aiming a sawed off shotgun at him, and pulls the trigger. overreaching gov't? not this time

totally agree. I am sure that's happened one too many times which is why these laws were inacted

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard