Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
well im seriously thinking about forced induction i have been looking at the different products and i will most likely go with forcedfabs turbo setup. now the questions are.
1)would the car withstand a turbo setup with about 5psi daily driven and 80k miles?if not would i need to do an engine rebuild or what would be a safe amount of boost to push?

2)how long did most of you guys go without your car when the turbo was being installed?

3) what else needs to be done to make sure all is safe being that a turbo is a pretty big investment?(safc,reprogrammed ecu,data logger???)

4) being that i wont be in ohio anymore and forcedfab is in dayton can a place in nyc be able to do the job without screwing anything up?

5) what else would need doing besides the obvious a much bigger exhuast setup?

sorry if these questions have been asked already but i didnt see them and thanks in advance for the help. later.

henry

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
hmmm...well with forcedfab's kit...you won't blow your engine, although you probably won't see the gains your expecting and while instaling it...you car will be down a LONG time.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Depending on the shop, it can take a couple days to a month or so. I know I make sure the jobs we are given are done right and quicker than anywhere else. We make things happen. We just did a motor swap into an accord from another accord donor car and pulled a turbo setup off a 91 talon, modified a few pieces, grinded part of the block, and made that 4g63 turbo setup work on an f22 motor from saturday evening until late monday night. we also just did a t3/t4 turbo onto an integra Ls motor from a 93 integra into a 92 civic hatch and used absolutely every wire from the integra for the civic, from headlight to taillights and that project only took us about 3 weeks with 1 guy on it the whole time. i don't know why other shops can't do the same. give me a call, im in beacon, ny. check out www.teamunderpressure.com for other stuff. 845-831-1125. dean.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
adc isnt making them anymore-for good? or just down time?

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit

Link Copied to Clipboard