Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
A buddy of mine has an Audio Art 400.2XE(I'm pretty sure thats the brand). He has not used it for probably 4-6 years. Is this company any good? How about this amp?

He used it to power IIRC 4 kicker12's when he used it.

What would be a resonable price for it if I were to buy it?

Thanks.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
do u mean the ppi art amps? they r white with, well, sorta artwork on them? if they r, then they r supposed to be fantastic amps and r always sought after on ebay.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by hmouta:
do u mean the ppi art amps? they r white with, well, sorta artwork on them? if they r, then they r supposed to be fantastic amps and r always sought after on ebay.

no, audio art is a seperate brand (not related to PPI in any way... you're thinking of the art series), and it's generally excellent stuff.

send dnewma04 a pm asking about it's worth. i know he still has a few of them laying around, and should know their market value.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
ok I'll give that a try.

I've been having some amp issues. I've been running a Pioneer and it seemed to shut off when hiting a bump/go around a sharp turn, then kick back on...like a loose wire or something. Well I got this other amp that I wanted to try so I disconnect the Pioneer and hook up the Audio Art...no juice. So i go back to the Pioneer....no juice. Funny thing is sometimes when I turn the key to ignition the Pioneer power light will light for a bout a second and turn off, but only sometimes it will do this. The other times the light does not light up at all.

I though maybe the amp is not getting juice but I noticed if I screw the power wire in and the shaft of it grazes the amp, it will spark a little so it seems to me it has to be getting power. I'm not sure what is going on now but I can not get either amp to get power. I think I'm going to buy a volt meter tomarrow to test. Maybe try pulling out my HU to check remote wire etc.

Any other suggestions? How do you test the RCA outputs on the HU?

P.S. the ground I've been using is a bolt from the tail light (had trouble finding another place). I did sand off the paint as best I could there. I don't know. Any suggestions are appreciated.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Use the power antenna mount as your ground, rock solid bolt right there.

and yes Audio Art was a good brand, the 240 was part of their standard line, the 100HC and 50HC made them a very popular company back in the day. They were well designed amps, not sure what happened to them. But the head engineer did move onto other projects.....

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
My antenna was shaved. I'll have to see if I have the mount on the inside.

Thanks for the suggestion.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
was audio art part of a bigger company or just faded away? i've never heard of them then.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Audio Art is an excellent brand, easily the equal of the PPI Art Series that were it's contemporaries. The 400.2XE is a 2 ohm stable amp that should conservative go for 800w into a 4ohm mono load. The XEs had nice built in crossovers that were essentially set up like they were external, as RCA connectors are externally run from the crossover to the amp input.

Selling price would probably be 200-275 in great shape, 175-200 with some typical wear.

I have 2 of the smaller 200.2s available if you wanted to add a couple of more of them to match the 400.2. I'd give you the price that one of them sold for on ebay if interested (I sold 1 of 3 so far and was about to post the other two)

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
a Buddy of mine is giving it up for $50-75 so I'd say thats a good deal

I never really heard much of them so I had some doubts.

P.S.dnewma04 if you could check out my other post about the "amp voltage" and have some suggestions I would appreciate it. I can't get power to my Pioneer amp of the Audio Art, and I know the AA amp is in working shape. I'm

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard