Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
So I've been having a problem with around town mileage on the SVT... Can't seem to break 170 Miles per Tank.

Well today i drove from NC to PA and nearly crapped when I saw 224 miles on the trip with the gas gauge at only 1/2.

I'm thinking my 02 sensors are shot, but the funny thing is my car NEVER got that kind of mileage on the highway - even when it was new 90,000 miles ago. I risked it and got to 370 miles before light flickered on. I probably could've gotten more but I took a 10 mile detour on city streets for a bathroom break.

Maybe the next mod needs to be a switch to kill the 02 sensors on the highway? HA!

Sal Khan 00 SVT - Not pretty 00 Aprilia RSV Mille - Also Loved. http://www.thelunchjournals.com "I just want someone I can stand once her mouth is free of obstruction."
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by SalKhan:

I'm thinking my 02 sensors are shot,

Are you throwing any codes?

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:

It was a while ago but I go busy and forgot. Bank running lean or something. I'll have to check again although I don't have a CEL just yet.

Sal Khan 00 SVT - Not pretty 00 Aprilia RSV Mille - Also Loved. http://www.thelunchjournals.com "I just want someone I can stand once her mouth is free of obstruction."
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:

It was a while ago but I go busy and forgot. Bank running lean or something. I'll have to check again although I don't have a CEL just yet.

I have a bank 1 lean code. My gas mileage has defenitly been affected, although my other codes may also be the culperit!

Jeff

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
City driving like you stole it?!

I got about 340 on a tank with some mixed driving. 90% highway, but I def had a few WOT runs.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by MapOfTazi ohhh right:
City driving like you stole it?!

I also thought that same thing... I wonder what RPM's his average shift is at?!?! Lots of punch the gas and slam the brakes to wait at a light and then do it all over again could cause poor city mpg!

D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
my averge RPM run under 3000rpm, and keep my gas 65/35 on highway and city and averge gas run about 25 mpg. it is not bad, but I wish is better.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Nope... Drive like sane normal person around the city.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
my car has always been getting 20-22 mpg always (i drive it pretty hard like 4.5k shifts pretty much always) i replaced the e-brake and now i've gotten 25.5mpg on two tanks now, but i also recently got a CEL .. so i dont know what to give the thanks to as of the moment

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I generally get between 27.8 to 28.4 mpg and thats almost all at 80-85 mph no maintenance except basic stuff at 100k miles. i think theres alot more wrong than just an o2 sensor for 14 mpg city

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard