Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Why bother with the clear? Just wetsand with 1500 till the lights look clearer and follow through with 2000 and then BUFF with a wool pad and some 3M heavy cut - LOOKS NEW - never flakes off and I have cars that are 3 + years old that still are clear. The best part is you don't need a body shop to do this - just about 30 minutes. You could even do this on the car and cut some time off if your careful about the sanding and buffing (or just tape everything off). Everyone has a different way of doing it - just my 2 cents.

95 Contour, Custom EVO bodykit, 2.0l, PNP Focus head, Stage 2 cams, Je pistons, Eagle rods, 4in1header, 2.5" header back exhaust(complete stainless), D P nitrous, ram air intake, 10mm wires, flamethrower.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by evocontour:
Why bother with the clear? Just wetsand with 1500 till the lights look clearer and follow through with 2000 and then BUFF with a wool pad and some 3M heavy cut - LOOKS NEW - never flakes off and I have cars that are 3 + years old that still are clear. The best part is you don't need a body shop to do this - just about 30 minutes. You could even do this on the car and cut some time off if your careful about the sanding and buffing (or just tape everything off). Everyone has a different way of doing it - just my 2 cents.

You are the only person on CEG I have ever heard with such a claim. When headlights start to haze it is because the clear UV coating has worn/chipped away.

Merely cleaning them with - whatever method - is NOT sufficient. They will haze again and it's been well documented by many CEGers. I have cleaned over 20 sets of headlights of various cars and all headlights eventually rehazed. Some hazed within a week, others lasted up to a couple months. I redid a 95 Honda Accord and finished with 2 lights of clearcoat and they still look great.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by evocontour:
The best part is you don't need a body shop to do this - just about 30 minutes.

Are your arms made out of power buffers? Each light took me a minimum of an hour. Of course, I tend to be a bit anal retentive once I start a project.

Ever notice how your plastic beige computer starts to discolor after a couple of years? That happens while sitting inside the house. Add heavy UV exposure and heat from being outside, and it should be pretty clear that unprotected plastic WILL discolor and haze. Automotive clears are formulated to protect paint from the elements as well as UV rays. So it would be the ideal coating for the lights. Spray-can clear will work too, but will not cure to as tough a finish and so will need to be refinished sooner than an automotive clear.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I have to try that Comet fix.

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Ever notice how your plastic beige computer starts to discolor after a couple of years?

Now that you mention it, I kind of want to go dehaze my Super Nintendo. Weird how some specific panels didn't discolor at all!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard