Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Well I got some bad news.. mad.gif

After my father spoke w/ Terry on the phone it seems we had the flow going the right direction.
Yet it was STILL over heating..
So my dad made a leak proof system getting rid of the purge system into the tank (due it getting air in the system) and put the purge and hooked it stright up to the other line that it picks up when it over heats.. Then we also did away w/ the whole thermostate housing and plugged the one end up, and also plugged the heater core. Making this so NO air could get in at all.
After burping all the hoses, and bleeding it we filled it up w/ some water wetter, and 70% anti-freeze/30% water.

It ran great up the road, didn't overheat, anything ran normal. Got it back to the shop, pulled it in the door, left it idle for about 5-10 min and the fans kicked on. O.K no problem.
Then the secondary fans kicked on and the resivore tank filled up w/ all the coolant.
It would do this BEFORE we made it leak proof. So we checked the cap on the heater hose and it was dry as could be and all the water moved up to the resivore.

Before we made this leak proof it would purge fine into the bottle, but once the secondaries kicked on it would fill the bottle up w/ air and fill it up until it leaked out the cap! So if the cap was leaking, we figured it could pull in air also, so we eliminated the purge system..

Its almost acting like it has A) A cracked head, or B) a bad head gasket.

It will never miss a beat going up the road, but you let the son of a [censored] idle for 5-10 min and about 2more min until secondaries kick in and it fills the bottle up full..

We burped, and bleed the hoses handfuls of times w/ the same results.

We bought somthing called "Super Blue" or somthing its like $60 a quart. Suposablely it fixes cracked heads/gaskets, well it didnt work..

So as of now its looking like its time to pull it back out.. cry.gif

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Get the right motor this time

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard