Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
Well, decided to do a little tune up to the SVT( 98 E0(114k) and the results weren't quite as good as I would've hoped. Tune up consisted of new spark plugs(autolite dp's) and wires(also autolites), and the upstream bank 1 O2 sensor(firewall). I broke a couple vac lines tightening the O2 sensor and ordered a new set(main assembly) from Ford. Seems that the car runs the same as it did with the broken vac lines after I replaced them with the new set( kinda choppy, almost like it has a miss maybe). Even though the idle stays steady, it seems to run rough in general. Wondering if anyone could shine some light on what I could look for to be causing it to run this way. I switched all plugs/wires back to the old set, and car seems to run the same( choppy/rough)and overall, much worse than before my "tune up". Any fuses or anything to check for that I could have possibly blown by not disconnecting the battery?Any help is mucho appreciated. thanx a bundle
-chris k.

1998 Black/Midnight Blue CSVT #3806 of 6536 Born:9/26/1997 110k
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
firing order, firing order, firing order, d'oh! ford and their damn misleading coil pack. Next time, I'll search more thoroughly before posting.

S
S
The #5 and #6 cylinders on the coil pack, right? I did the same thing when I did a tune-up on my SVT. It also explained why that one spark plug wire wouldn't quite reach in the stock wiring harness clips...

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by waxingmoon:
firing order, firing order, firing order, d'oh! ford and their damn misleading coil pack. Next time, I'll search more thoroughly before posting.

LOL. This came to my mind after I read the first line of the original post.

Anyway, for future search purposes,

Originally posted by Tony2005:
The first thing to check is the SP wiring order and gap.

Duratec Spark Plug gap 0.054 inch.

Duratec V6 Spark Plug wiring order

Firewall side
4- 6 -5 <--coil pack
3-2-1

1-2-3 <--engine
4-5-6
Radiator side

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by waxingmoon:

I understand. I did it to myself too. However I recognized the problem immediately. I cleaned the throttle body at the same time and expected some slight roughness until the cleaner was blown out of the cylinders. After about thirty seconds I recognized the problem and fixed it.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
Oh man, you're doing a lot better thanme lemme tell ya. Took me searching, cursing, and a lot more than thirty seconds haha. Also thanks to Tony, that was actually the post that showed me my mistake,that you quoted there, lol.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard