Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#1578369 05/25/06 08:24 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
not my original theory, but definitely the one i have jumped on board with now....

the island serves as the gates to the lost city of atlantis....i.e. weird animals/4-toed monstrous statues....the gate opens every 108 minutes so pushing the button keeps the gate closed....by des using his key the sealed the gate "permanantly" with echo, locke, and des crossing over....the others know of the gate and are the "good guys" by keeping it a secret and keeping it safe...

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
#1578370 05/25/06 09:01 PM
T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by csc99svt:
not my original theory, but definitely the one i have jumped on board with now....

the island serves as the gates to the lost city of atlantis....i.e. weird animals/4-toed monstrous statues....the gate opens every 108 minutes so pushing the button keeps the gate closed....by des using his key the sealed the gate "permanantly" with echo, locke, and des crossing over....the others know of the gate and are the "good guys" by keeping it a secret and keeping it safe...

then why do they want Kate Jack and Sawyer?

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1578371 05/25/06 09:03 PM
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
why indeed!

#1578372 05/25/06 10:26 PM
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
or mayyybe its the gateway to sir arthur conan doyles LOST WORLD!

i dont get to see the show regularily enough, so i myself, am "LOST"!?!?!

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
#1578373 05/25/06 10:36 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
or mayyybe its the gateway to sir arthur conan doyles LOST WORLD!

i dont get to see the show regularily enough, so i myself, am "LOST"!?!?!

Better yet, the 'Land of the Lost!' Jack as Rick Marshall (Dad), Kate and Sawyer as Holly and Will. Hurley could be Chaka, but they let him go.

Heeheeheehee....I crack myself up!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1578374 05/26/06 12:31 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by csc99svt:

then why do they want Kate Jack and Sawyer?

maybe this is their recruiting tactics for replacing old, dying, or killed "others" maybe they see something in those three and think they can turn to be protectors of the gate....

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
#1578375 05/26/06 01:54 PM
T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
another question, what do the others want with the children??

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1578376 05/27/06 04:18 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
OK....This is a rambling attempt at making sense of all this:

If you look into the Hanso Fndn, their mission is all about improving life through the study of animals, electromagnetism, gene engineering, psychology, etc. The web site alludes to a number of projects that have gone wrong and that the company has covered-up to stay in the good graces of the authorities in the areas they operate. THIS island seems to have been the fusion of all of those experiments. At some point, something on the island went wrong (maybe the electromagnet started it, but we don't know for sure) and the Hanso Fndn bailed, leaving the surviors to fend for themselves.

The people that Hanso Fndn placed on the island initially (Others) were probably a mix of scientists and subjects from all backgrounds. When the "bad thing" happened, they must have all thought it was part of Hanso Fndn's plan and played along, living life as normal and creating a new cutlure/new set of rules day-by-day. Eventually they must have realized that help was not on the way....

Why did the plane crash on the island? Could be a number of things. Perhaps Hanso Fndn had been following the lives of those passengers and planned the crash so that they would fall on the island...To see how the "Others" would deal with these new inhabitants; each with their own personal drama.

Maybe the electromagnetic pulse (as seen on the computer readout at the end of the last show) was enough to rupture something within the plane or throw off its computer enough to cause it to crash? (The tail section seemed to sheer off during the descent, but did not seem to be the cause of the descent.) Maybe a plane didn't crashed the second time the EM pulse went off because...there was no plane close enough to the island at the time!

The final episode uncovers some secrets, but starts some new ones... We know the "others" are more advanced than they seem. Why the fake hatch and fake huts? And Walt told Michael they were "pretending."

We also know this, there are 8 hatches on the island, we've only really been in 2: The Swan & The Pearl. We also know the cave that the tail section people were staying in (Eko, Anna Lucia, etc..) was the entrance to the zoology hatch...Where all the weird animals come from.

But what was beyond the hatch that housed the baby room and medicine? What did it connect to?

I think next season we'll open up a number of new hatches and find out more assets on the island. It seems to me the Others still haven't found what they think they need to signal Hanso that they want to come home. Maybe they want Jack, Sawyer, and Kate to do their dirty work for them....

I also think the web site will lead us to the discovery of "the incident" that really occurred on the island by giving us more Hanso background.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard