Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I accept your response as it does make sense and I appreciate you explaining it that way to me. Although the "or" thing still trips me up. It doesn't say that the or is exclusive!(Last ditch effort at symantics) Also, I almost equate my scenario to speeding. Yes, 5mph over the speed limit is illegal, but cops let it go. 30mph over the speed limit is equally illegal, but cops probably won't let that go. 3 minutes in a no parking spot with the driver in the car vs 30 minutes in a no parking spot with no one there. I realize it doesn't absolve the offender of breaking the law but I think most people would be upset for getting a +5mph ticket...I guess this has turned in to more of a rant than a search for the law, sorry...man I thought I had won it in that nydmv thread

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
NO PARKING IS NO PARKING!!!!

kinda like NO MEANS NO!!!

i mean if your that worried about getting a ticket maybe you should have gotten your mom to pull over somewhere else?

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
It's not the ticket, it's the principle! I think it's still a little vague. From that ny driver's manual, you are indeed allowed to stop at a no parking spot. I could make the argument "How long is too long to wait for picking someone up" but I imagine they mean immediately. I would rather not imagine though. Who would I call to talk to and find out more about this? Department of transportation?

I don't like to take things so quickly just because someone told me so. Off topic but I think it's a good story. In high school we had girls play on our boy's soccer team in the boy's league because there was no girls team even though there was a girls league. Well I made a big stink about it and saw what I could do about joining the girl's volleyball team(no men's team.) Some of the coaches told me I couldn't but I pushed and got the Athletic Director to tell me I had every right to. I wouldn't have done it but I liked knowing that I could.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
lol so your just a little sh!t disturber eh!

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Hey you don't know what it's like to be the laughing stock of the league with girls on your bench in uniform! Also we sucked and that didn't help either.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
If you're in Conneticut, who cares if the NY DMV supports your case or not. You're in CT!!

Conneticut DMV

H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Well, I brought up the NY thing because it was the first instance I found stating laws about parking, standing, and stopping and their differences. It's not THAT cut and dry. I also went on to look at the ct dmv driver's manual and it doesn't even mention anything about standing or stopping. Just "Don't park where it says 'No Parking' ." Much less ambiguous than the ny dmv pdf

H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Conneticut Motor Vehicle Laws.

Ch. 249, Sec. 14-307:

" (c) No person shall park any vehicle in any place where parking is prohibited or park any vehicle for a longer period than that indicated as lawful by any sign erected "

If the sign said "NO Parking", then, it was kind of foolish to stop and wait there...even for only a few minutes. Once the vehicle pulled into the space and stopped, it was then "PARKING."

What part of "NO PARKING" are you having trouble with?

----------------------- 2000 Ford Contour SE Toreador Red 4cyl. / ATX. Pioneer Deh-1400 head unit, Four 180watt Pioneer 3way 6 x 8's
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Where did you find that? I was looking for a listing of motor vehicle laws that weren't just a driver's manual for people about to get their license.

Also, I don't think my posting of this was that ridiculous. I wanted to discuss it with people who are probably more knowledgeable of the law than I. I truly thought that being stopped to the side with the driver still in the car was a seperate state from being stopped without the driver which is actually true in some areas (Not mine apparently, I KNOW! Enough with the "what don't you get about NO posts.") Thank you for the informative responses.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by hairhorn:
What part of "NO PARKING" are you having trouble with?

I would say the "parking" because according to the drivers handbook (here in IL anyway) "parking" only defines a car that is in park and turned off. Standing, which is different than parking is when the car is in park but is still running.

Tan 98 Contour V6 ATX -BAT intake, SVT exhaust, SVT suspension, Stazi brakes, superchip, opt TB, opt Y "Max Power never abbreviates, each letter is as important as the one that preceeded it. Maybe even MORE important... no, as important."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard