Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1576281 05/23/06 01:46 AM
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Ya, so i was driving from Prom to a lets go with a banana party and my brake line blew (great timging huh?) anyways, I looked today and its from the tub (only rubber part rubbing on my shock and spring mount. (lower). In the passenger back. Anyways it rubbed and finaily leaked, anyone else have this prob and know of any recalls? Also the 2 connections look pretty rusted will they break? I plan to replace it tommarow. Its about 6 inches long of rubber goes fromt he brake usnit to the cyclinder peice that goes to a metal line. Sorry if im confusing but ya, really ticks me off with the whole timing thing xD. Anyways, anyone got any info to give me on this I would appreciate it.

#1576282 05/23/06 01:47 AM
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I don't have anything to add/or help.. but the same damn thing happen to mine last night too

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
#1576283 05/23/06 02:31 AM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
just did mine and wheel cylinders, shoes, and drums. There is that rubber donut looking thing that protects the line from the strut. I did my rear suspension and didn't make sure that was in the right place and started to cut my line. Opt to change before they blew, and wheel cylinders leaking also. What I ran into with the line.

You want to have a 11mm flarenut wrench and also a 13mm flarenut. I sprayed eveything with PB and let it sit. I took the connection from the wheel cylinder out (where it's metal line). And couldn't seem to take it apart at the hose using 17mm wrench to hold the hose. So (seeing I'm replacing them) cut the hose and locked it in the vice and then took the connection apart no problem. the other part where the hose goes into the valve looking thing (only on drum brakes) was the pita.

I was trying to loosen the metal line from the valve and the whole thing turned loosening the valve from the rubber hose (which is what I wanted) this happen on both sides, keeping the hose locked with the clip and trying to turn the flarenut going into the valve. Then I just removed the clip, and twisted the hose around to un thread it. When I installed the new hose (I plugged the end so no dirt would get in) and just spun the hose into the valve snug, locked it and gave the flarenut a turn on the other end to tighten it back up.

hope this helps

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard