Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
The steering wheel has tilt, but not being able to find a comfortable seat/steering whell combo is a common complaint for the 2003+ Corolla. If you are somewhere within the average height range and are fairly slim, and you are proportioned so youy don't have really long legs, you can find a really comfortable position easily. Others seem to have a harder time doing so.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Tourige:

so you sell a fun car to save money on gas and buy a boring car to spend money to make it fun.. Clearly intelligence at work.

I too plan to buy a new Corolla or Pruis to replace my Mystique. To me, its an intelligent move. Gaining 10 MPH is definitely a plus, and nobody can question Toyota's quality or longevity. Plus, I want a car from an automatker that's going to be in business five years from now. I have zero confidence in FoMoCo's ability to design and market cars. I've driven Ford products since 1968. Time to give the Asians a chance.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by RialKnight:

Congats!!!!!
20K for all that isn't bad at all!!!

It is when you can buy a Mazda 6s for 21700 out the door loaded with every option.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by monsoon725:

Apparentl you missed the part about the repairs stacking up as a major driving force.

And he had the choice of a billionty other cars in that price range that are pretty good looking and fun to drive. What about the Scion tC.?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
I think I'm turning Japaneese as well. Seriously considering turning in my SVT for a street legal go-kart called Fit. That's blasphemy to some of you I'm sure. But you can't really argue with 38+ Mpg.

enjoy that 80fwhp...

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by tod "choco vag" ras:

Congats!!!!!

It is when you can buy a Mazda 6s for 21700 out the door loaded with every option.

I'm looking at a Mazda6s similarily equipped to my Corolla on the Mazda website, and it cost over 25k MSRP. I never said I paid 20k for my Corolla, I said it cost 20k. The price I paid was 17,500.

S
sail114 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by red99sesport:
Originally posted by tod "choco vag" ras:

Congats!!!!!

I'm looking at a Mazda6s similarily equipped to my Corolla on the Mazda website, and it cost over 25k MSRP. I never said I paid 20k for my Corolla, I said it cost 20k. The price I paid was 17,500.

And I got mine for $12,800... it's got very little in the way of options, but like I said, It suits me fine for what I need now.

The comment about the driver seat is spot on. I'm 5'11" with long legs and have trouble finding a comfy position. I'm finally getting used to it, but when I go back and forth between the Contour, I have trouble adjusting.

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Sail,

The reason for that driver's seat/steering wheel/pedals problem is twofold. One reason is the relationship between those three parts is a compromise between what was needed for the Corolla and what was needed for the Matrix. The problem is worse in the Matrix however, I suspect this is because they knew they would sell more Corollas. Reason two is that Toyota seems to make most of their cars for people of around average height, perfectly proportioned and on the average to slim side.

The exception to this is the Solara, which has a steering wheel/pedals/seat relationship that is more highly adjustable for people of about any size than in any other car in their current lineup.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
I think I'm turning Japaneese as well. Seriously considering turning in my SVT for a street legal go-kart called Fit. That's blasphemy to some of you I'm sure. But you can't really argue with 38+ Mpg.

enjoy that 80fwhp...

Yet people will attempt to mod it

"'Type SE-R Si' 40 HP at the wheels!"

I dunno, I am quite satisfied with my Taurus

I dont think I'd give it up for anything... Well, maybe Ford Five Hundred or better

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
My dad has an '06 corolla S, which he bought cause my car was nicer than his (he had a '98 taurus) Personally, its not my thing, but at 6' 3" 300lbs, I can personally say those things are quite roomy for such a small car. For a 4 cyl, its got fairly decent pickup and the guages are pretty sweet at night, they are like white indiglo gauges. If I ever did buy a corolla it would at least be the XRS (more power and 6 speed), at that price range I'd rather invest in oh say an '03 Cobra .

Last edited by ymicz; 05/26/06 12:43 PM.

'99 SilFro SE V6 MTX Alpine CDA-9833, 12" L7, Pioneer 6x8's, Fidanza Short Throw, K&N Drop-In, Spec1 Clutch/Flywheel, WR Headers / Y-Pipe, TBz Cat, PRT Roll Resistors Mods in queue: Trubendz Res. Magnaflow Ex. SVT UIM/LIM/Opt.TB
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard