Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by sigma:
I've found Discove

x2

My Mom and I share an account (yeah $20,000 spending limit ) and whenever I went shopping and got anything for more than $100 they called her before I was even out of the shop. My bank on the other has been total scheiss. I have an Austrian bank account but I still sometime draw off my American account. I was here for a full year, using the ATM card every so often. I went to Prague and took out money about five times. When I came back to Vienna and used my ATM card the ATM kept it. My Mom called them and they said they thought it had been stolen in Prague. It sucked to because my Bank Austria card got screwed up so I had no way of getting money unless the bank was open for a week.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by JaTo:
For future reference, get an AMEX and they'll watch your back like no other card agency out there.

I use my Amex for traveling when possible as well. Excellent travel benefits.

Discover has been good to me as well, recently calling me to confirm some charges and a change of address. Unfortunately, they were mine or my wifes's since we just moved and needed a bunch of stuff for the new place.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by sigma:
I've found Discover to also be extraordinarly protective of their customers.

x3... I bought my girlfriend's engagement ring on the Discover card and I wasn't even home yet and I had a voicemail from Discover card. Scared the Sh|t out of me at first, I thought something went wrong with the charges. Turns out, like you said, they were checking to make sure it was me.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Discover is bloody-good and I have no complaints with them, either, but for international travel (which I do at least 3-4x a year), AMEX is the only way to go. The perks are more to my liking than what Discover puts forth as well, but that's an entirely subjective issue...

I'm not fond of paying interest, either, so a charge card is more of my poison on travel of any sort.

The travel/lodging/rental coverage that AMEX gives me is just sick, but I'll have to dig for what Discover offers to see if it's any better.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Lotsa good things about Discover too. My experience with them was mixed. Yes, the took care of me as a customer, but when I was having a little bit of financial difficulty about 10 years ago, they were total [censored]. Amex was much more professional about the situation. I've been an Amex member since '89, and I will be for a long while yet.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
W
OP Offline
W
Everything is cleared up with my bank and credit card, all the holds have been removed and no additional charges from Hertz have been added. If there are any withdrawals in the next month over $100 aside of checks, they are going to call me.

I didn't want to put it on my Visa as I just put my new trans on that and it was close to the limit, which they pushed it over. I have an Amex too, I just didnt bring it. No clue why not.

Brad 1999 Amazon Green Contour SVT K&N, B&M, Baer Clawes, Eibach's, Koni's, Poly Bushings, Cryoed Trans, Southbend TZ, Fidanza, Quaife, MSDS Headers/Y-Pipe 178.4 FWHP, 168.7 FWTQ
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I just got a new Amex... its great.

But I rent w/ National... they have the Emerald Club rewards program that gives you free rentals and free upgrades... and even with 0 days of rental history, they upgraded me from an intermediate (G6) to an Envoy w/ leather... that's what, 4 fare classes or so?

They've also been very helpful with most other issues I've encountered, including billing, flat tires, scratches and dents.

Sure you don't get to drive Furds, but the new offerings from GM are nicer (IMO) anyways. Brand new Impala w/ XM and remote start? Thank you!

Diesel owns you
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard