Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
The issue is that HR has my scheduling, which is bottlenecked at 15 hours, after 5pm. Considering I'm (most often) the closing guy with the most experience, I didn't think this would be an issue because they hired a few more guys who are actually good workers.

Also, this is just a side job guys. It's just something to keep me running around physically while I sit behind a desk for ten hours at my real job. I guess some of you know what I mean, but really it's to stay in touch with ze girlies

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
a) most companies do have a policy about not scheduling against your availability, and if they write you up, go to a regional manager (or the equivalent) about it and it'll probably "go away".

b)
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
You are worried about burning bridges at Target?? Who cares? There are many more retail jobs where that one came from...ARRRGH!!

that's the stupidest thing....while you're right, there are hundreds of retail jobs that are all pretty much the same, you NEVER know what could come up, and you may be in a situation where you need to get a job and start working TODAY. it happened to me once, and I had places I could go back to and start working within 24 hours. don't burn bridges!!!

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
You are worried about burning bridges at Target?? Who cares? There are many more retail jobs where that one came from...ARRRGH!!

Exactly!!!

I dont think there is anything he could do (short of stealing) that would haunt him into his career down the road... target, walmart, mcdonalds, etc... it's well known they do not treat their employees with anything that resembles respect, why should you give them any?

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Definitely stick it to them Bill. You need to tell them to reschedule you or your not coming in. You gave them your availability and that it. Target will walk all over someone like you if you let them, trust me I personally know! They won't fire you over this, your inthe right they're in the wrong and they know it.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by touredon:

Exactly!!!

I dont think there is anything he could do (short of stealing) that would haunt him into his career down the road... target, walmart, mcdonalds, etc... it's well known they do not treat their employees with anything that resembles respect, why should you give them any?

Ahh, someone who thinks clearly...

Also, they would probably hire you back after a month or two anyway if you wanted to go back. ARRRGH!!!

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Sorry guys, but which ever job pays more is the priority. The lower paying company should understand that you need to pull more time where ever you make more money. Shouldn't matter where you were first. I'd go in, talk to the store manager, explain the situation. If they aren't going to work with you, quit. Says you can't be two places at once and you are doing both a dis-service by working too much or skipping shifts because they won't work with you.

Do you guys really think that the big wigs at Target care about somone's working hours. It's a pride thing of the manager who he's dealing with. They may just be trying to get him to quit or justified firing.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Knowing Bill i'd say its just a manager on a power trip. They would be stupid to fire him.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
dont worry about burning bridges with target cuz by the time youll need to use them at a reference half the staff will have already been cycled through the revolving door. aka, no one who will be working then will even know who you are.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Just stick to your guns, I worked in retail for a few years when I was doing my undergrad and more than once they scheduled me to come in outside my availability, when I had class. Just have to tell them that your availability is what it is, and you don't have any flexibility in that regard. From my retail experience unless you steal or do something major it is hard to get fired from retail.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
i used to work at target and the same thing happened to me, i just took the easy way out though and quite,
btw just a funny input
that target was the 90th worst target in the US

pre98, what position are u? LOD?

1999 T-Red Contour Sport w/ 78000 miles
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard