Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
How close do i want to get with the spray can when sparying the carb cleaner on the gaskets, hoses ect..

95 Maroun Contour SE Duratec V6 2.5L For transportaion not raceing..
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
The further the can is away, the wider the spray and therefore it will be harder to pinpoint the area which is leaking. I suggest 3 to 4 inches away. If there is build up of the carb cleaner, you do want to wipe it up after concluding the test.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Well.. I did the only thing i had the resources to do at the moment. TH fix.. i used 1/2" Copper cap with 7/32" hole (non-SVT)

It has partialy fixed the problem. Now insted of sputtering everytime i press the gas before it warms up it only sputters when i press the gas about 2 inches from the floor while idleing (before warming up as well).

EDIT:
Could part of the leak have been in the hose used in the TH fix and i just tightened it when i put the hose back on or I didnt tighten it enough and its still leaking a little (although i doubt it cause i made sure it wouldn't come off)?

Last edited by Timbone1343; 05/04/06 08:19 PM.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Timbone1343:
...Could part of the leak have been in the hose used in the TH fix and i just tightened it when i put the hose back on or I didnt tighten it enough and its still leaking a little (although i doubt it cause i made sure it wouldn't come off)?

Could be but most probably a bad or dirty IAC valve.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Ok ill look into cleanign that as soon as i can but for now..
I used the 7/32" like i said wiht my TH fix and i let the engine cool and started it again. I rev'd it a litle and it started makeing this horn sound that seemed to be coming from the Pplastic piece marked Air Filter If i tapped the gas rapidly it would go away so i think this is the moose that people refer to.
So I took it out and enlarged the hole a little to what i thought was 15/64" sicne i dotn ahev that size bit. It made the sound again except this time when i let it idle it went up to 1.5K for about 10-15 seconds then slowly stalled. I started it again and for 5 minutes it didnt make the sound once.

I read somewhere about reseting the computer after the TH fix.
Im going to go reset the computer after it cools down again and see if makes the horn sound again.

EDIT:
Same results, it made the sound once.. stalled and didnt make it again.

Last edited by Timbone1343; 05/04/06 09:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard