Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
When I graduated from my school they offer to sell the laptop you used while attending. I bought it back but have a question. It is set up as a ctrl,atl,dlt and then you type in your password. I want to run it like a regular personal laptop and not still on my school program. I no longer know my password to login which was dumb of me....I wrote it down and lost the slip.... My question is is there anyway I can bypass the password without knowing my password? Is buying a new hard drive my only option? If I need to clarify anything let me know.....Thanks for any help. -Stu

Previous Owner of: 1998 CSVT Black # 2923/6535 Born: 08/12/97 http://community.webshots.com/user/svtcontoursvt
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
If the password is hardwired into the system, there may be a way to bypass it.

If its a pesky program, its much more difficult without buying a new hard drive.

If it is a windows operating system with the hardwire password. You can go into the configuration setup when you start your computer, by pressing the "Delete" key or whatever it says to push at the first screen. From there, you should find a password protection menu.

I don't know if you need the password for that also, but its worth a shot.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
There are several boot cd isos around that will allow you to edit/delete the system user passwords for NT/2000/XP. Google : windows password iso boot.

--JamesT

>--------------< --Chemguru 99 CSVT Frost /Mid. Blue 00 Suzuki SV650 Red, Naked
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Also depends on the type of authentication, if it's a network password that adds some complexity as well.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
do not buy a new hard drive!! if anything, i'd say buy a copy of win XP pro and install it. or, if your system came with the windows disk, re-install it.

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
It has Windows XP, it's a IBM Thinkpad T41....The first screen that I can access by pressing the little blue ibm button does nothing to help solve the password problem. How could I re-install somthing if I cant even get past the ctrl,alt,del password. Hold me to my word but if anyones willing help I'll send a few bucks in the mail for your time. Just want to get this figured out because my pc is on its last legs.....-Stu

Previous Owner of: 1998 CSVT Black # 2923/6535 Born: 08/12/97 http://community.webshots.com/user/svtcontoursvt
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
It has Windows XP, it's a IBM Thinkpad T41....The first screen that I can access by pressing the little blue ibm button does nothing to help solve the password problem. How could I re-install somthing if I cant even get past the ctrl,alt,del password. Hold me to my word but if anyones willing help I'll send a few bucks in the mail for your time. Just want to get this figured out because my pc is on its last legs.....-Stu

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
They should be reghosting the machine when you buy it to remove the system-based setup. I would contact your school.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:
They should be reghosting the machine when you buy it to remove the system-based setup. I would contact your school.

Thats what I originally thought was going to happen. Contacting my school would take to long as it would have to ship and that the technology workers are really slow. Keep the knowledge flowing guys!!-Stu

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Did you get a restore CD (or any other CD's for that matter)?

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard